Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Scan and create file systems in new LUNs Post 302956366 by fretagi on Tuesday 29th of September 2015 08:08:56 AM
Old 09-29-2015
the following command you gave gave :

Code:
root@cmoveldb02:/# echo "- - -" > /sys/class/fc_host/host9/scan
-bash: /sys/class/fc_host/host9/scan: No such file or directory
root@cmoveldb02:/#

I do not have the /var/adm/messages file but I do have
Code:
root@cmoveldb02:/var/log# tail syslog
Sep 29 12:23:13 cmoveldb02 multipathd: dm-1: add map (uevent)
Sep 29 12:23:13 cmoveldb02 kernel: [595528.836459] device-mapper: table: 252:2: multipath: error getting device
Sep 29 12:23:13 cmoveldb02 kernel: [595528.837159] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
Sep 29 12:23:13 cmoveldb02 kernel: [595528.837862] device-mapper: table: 252:2: multipath: error getting device
Sep 29 12:23:13 cmoveldb02 kernel: [595528.838560] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
Sep 29 12:23:13 cmoveldb02 multipathd: dm-0: add map (uevent)
Sep 29 12:23:13 cmoveldb02 udevd[5417]: inotify_add_watch(6, /dev/dm-2, 10) failed: No such file or directory
Sep 29 12:23:13  udevd[5417]: last message repeated 2 times
Sep 29 12:23:13 cmoveldb02 udevd[2486]: inotify_add_watch(6, /dev/dm-2, 10) failed: No such file or directory
Sep 29 13:17:01 cmoveldb02 CRON[5674]: (root) CMD (   cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
root@cmoveldb02:/var/log#

But I am not sure how to interpret the lines were multipath is mentioned

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating create mirrored disk files systems using mkfs command

What is the correct mkfs syntax to create mirrored disk files systems? I need to make the file system 20gb. For example: machine# mkfs -F ufs /dev/md/dsk/d40 size not specified ufs usage: mkfs special size(sectors) \ -m : dump fs cmd line used to make this partition -V : print this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Scan

Hi everyone , i m working on Sun solaris and i have a file "smsapp.cur" which has information like this paragraph given below , there are millions of such paragraphs From:923212802736 To:923222326807 logMessage: 07-04-08 17:34:29 Getting message topup from code page default in language English... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to create luns in A1000

hi friends how we can create luns in A1OOO storage ..plzhelp its very urgent when ever i am connect to A1000 raid controller through laptop with console cable with the help of hyperterminal..i isued serial port parameters which i mentioned below.. Set serial port parameters to: �... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File Scan

I need to read the last line of a log file and save it, sleep for X minutes and read the last line again. If the line is the same, exit 1, otherwise sleep for X minutes until the last line contains 'Status: Process completed'. Can anyone offer advice here? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mode09
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with create multiple directories under diff file systems

Hi, Need help ...I want to create multiple directories in different /file systems using for loop..eg.../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/ctl. ../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/data. ../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/redo. Script :- ========= for dir in `ls -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux6.5
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Scan for new LUN and create a new file system

Hi Please I dont have a lot of redhat skills, but I need some help on creating a file system. I need to rescan for this new LUN, so I try to check existing LUNs: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 299.4 GB, 299439751168 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 36404 cylinders Units = cylinders of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

8. Solaris

How to scan for LUNs in SunOS sun4v sparc?

Hi everyone, We have the below sun Operating system, Now our storage team have Create a 500GB LUN for this server, How can i scan and mount the shared LUN ? Could anyone help me to resolve this issue. SunOS my_hostname.com 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Update: -------- I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan directories and create a list of files

Gents, Please can you help. I want to create a list which contends the complete patch of the location of some directories with the size of each file. need to select only .txt file In this case I am try to find the subdirectories tp1 and tp2 and create the output list. jd175-1 tp1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create automated scan of specific directory using bash

I am trying to use bash to automate the scan of a specific directory using clamav. Having this in place is a network requirement. The below is an attempt to: 1. count the extensions (.txt, .jpeg) in a directory and write them to a virus-scan.log (section in bold) 2. scan each folder in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
byobu-select-backend(1) 					       byobu						   byobu-select-backend(1)

NAME
byobu-select-backend - select your default Byobu backend window manager SYNOPSIS
byobu-select-backend [screen|tmux] DESCRIPTION
byobu-select-backend is an application that lists the available Byobu backends and allows you to select your default. You can select one of either screen(1) or tmux(1) on the command line, or giving no command line parameters, the utility will run interac- tively. This utility will only affect which backend is used by default when simply running, byobu(1). Note that at any time, you can force the backend of a particular session by running the helpers, byobu-screen(1) or byobu-tmux(1). FILES
~/.byobu/backend SEE ALSO
byobu(1), byobu-screen(1), byobu-tmux(1), screen(1), tmux(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 30 Oct 2011 byobu-select-backend(1)