Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Scan and create file systems in new LUNs Post 302956337 by fretagi on Tuesday 29th of September 2015 05:52:44 AM
Old 09-29-2015
Scan and create file systems in new LUNs

Hi

I have a system running
Code:
 uname -a
Linux cmoveldb02 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and I was told by the NetApp Admin that he has provided 5 LUNs of 1Tb, 200Gb and remaining 3 of 300Gb, but I am not able to see the new LUNs.
I have type the following:
Code:
root@cmoveldb02:~# ls /dev/sd*
/dev/sda  /dev/sda1  /dev/sda2  /dev/sda5

them rebooted the system, after run the same command ls, which provided me with same results as above.

them checking on google, I found the following steps:
Code:
root@cmoveldb02:/var/log# fdisk -l 2>/dev/null | egrep '^Disk' | egrep -v 'dm-' | wc -l
root@cmoveldb02:/var/log#

them:
Code:
root@cmoveldb02:/var/log# ls /sys/class/fc_host
host11  host9

them:

Code:
root@cmoveldb02:/var/log# echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host9/issue_lip
root@cmoveldb02:/var/log# echo "1" > /sys/class/fc_host/host11/issue_lip

Nothing appears to happen, them:

Code:
root@cmoveldb02:/var/log# fdisk -l 2>/dev/null | egrep '^Disk' | egrep -v 'dm-' | wc -l

so it still showing the same disks.....

Please can you help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating create mirrored disk files systems using mkfs command

What is the correct mkfs syntax to create mirrored disk files systems? I need to make the file system 20gb. For example: machine# mkfs -F ufs /dev/md/dsk/d40 size not specified ufs usage: mkfs special size(sectors) \ -m : dump fs cmd line used to make this partition -V : print this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Scan

Hi everyone , i m working on Sun solaris and i have a file "smsapp.cur" which has information like this paragraph given below , there are millions of such paragraphs From:923212802736 To:923222326807 logMessage: 07-04-08 17:34:29 Getting message topup from code page default in language English... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to create luns in A1000

hi friends how we can create luns in A1OOO storage ..plzhelp its very urgent when ever i am connect to A1000 raid controller through laptop with console cable with the help of hyperterminal..i isued serial port parameters which i mentioned below.. Set serial port parameters to: �... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log File Scan

I need to read the last line of a log file and save it, sleep for X minutes and read the last line again. If the line is the same, exit 1, otherwise sleep for X minutes until the last line contains 'Status: Process completed'. Can anyone offer advice here? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mode09
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with create multiple directories under diff file systems

Hi, Need help ...I want to create multiple directories in different /file systems using for loop..eg.../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/ctl. ../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/data. ../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/redo. Script :- ========= for dir in `ls -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux6.5
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Scan for new LUN and create a new file system

Hi Please I dont have a lot of redhat skills, but I need some help on creating a file system. I need to rescan for this new LUN, so I try to check existing LUNs: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 299.4 GB, 299439751168 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 36404 cylinders Units = cylinders of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

8. Solaris

How to scan for LUNs in SunOS sun4v sparc?

Hi everyone, We have the below sun Operating system, Now our storage team have Create a 500GB LUN for this server, How can i scan and mount the shared LUN ? Could anyone help me to resolve this issue. SunOS my_hostname.com 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Update: -------- I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan directories and create a list of files

Gents, Please can you help. I want to create a list which contends the complete patch of the location of some directories with the size of each file. need to select only .txt file In this case I am try to find the subdirectories tp1 and tp2 and create the output list. jd175-1 tp1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create automated scan of specific directory using bash

I am trying to use bash to automate the scan of a specific directory using clamav. Having this in place is a network requirement. The below is an attempt to: 1. count the extensions (.txt, .jpeg) in a directory and write them to a virus-scan.log (section in bold) 2. scan each folder in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)