Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Rsync - hot to omit MOTD/banners Post 302956251 by Corona688 on Monday 28th of September 2015 11:24:11 AM
Old 09-28-2015
Not output them to what file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing old motd with new motd

I need to replace the current /etc/motd text file with a new motd across 30+ servers. Which is the best way to do this? Shell script? sed? Does anyone have an example I can use? Thanks in advance. Unix people are the best!!! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/motd

Hi I do get the message of the day upon logging in to my machine(Solaris 9). I do NOT have a .hushlogin file in my home directory. Any ideas :-) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Motd

Does anyone know how to get the IP Address of the connecting client to apear in the MOTD I am new to linux and I was wondering if this was possible thanks in advance. :D :confused: :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DragonLenage
4 Replies

4. Linux

Motd

In which login startup script is the motd displayed? Red Hat 4AS As I understand it, upon login (bash) it hits /etc/profile ~/.bash_profile ~/.bash_login ~/.profile I went through the scripts and the associated scripts (/etc/profile.d/*.sh) but don't see where it's being displayed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing banners from scp calls (AIX/KSH)

Hello all! I am creating a script to synchronize key files on multiple servers in our environment. What I have works, but I am getting the banner for each of the servers in the output and it makes it difficult to quickly review when there are over a dozen servers in the array. I have tried a few... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpare
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Small linux distro for displaying advertisements/banners

Hi guys (& ladies) :) I'm looking for some good linux distribution to use on my new project. The project looks like this: - tiny computer (ethernet, D-sub, usb, etc), - big-screen monitor (min 40''). All it has to do is to display some .swf advertisement in fullscreen mode. (plus some extra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sulti
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

TCP banners for httpd

Can this be done for httpd also? Reading the manul it does not mention httpd at all. Basically, what I want to do is disable the ability of the user to see what type of system the web server is on. Can I:- 1. Add /etc/banners/httpd file and add some text in here. 2. Edit hosts.allow to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

/etc/motd - queries

If I have /etc/motd, he is file or directory? I saw that some call them folders and files others... Which option is better? I knew that being a director, but many told me not. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mescu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
XOpenOM(3X)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS						       XOpenOM(3X)

NAME
XOpenOM - opens output method SYNTAX
XOM XOpenOM(display, db, res_name, res_class) Display *display; XrmDatabase db; char *res_name; char *res_class; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. db Specifies a pointer to the resource database. res_name Specifies the full resource name of the application. res_class Specifies the full class name of the application. DESCRIPTION
The XOpenOM function opens an output method matching the current locale and modifiers specification. The current locale and modifiers are bound to the output method when XOpenOM is called. The locale associated with an output method cannot be changed. The specific output method to which this call will be routed is identified on the basis of the current locale and modifiers. XOpenOM will identify a default output method corresponding to the current locale. That default can be modified using XSetLocaleModifiers to set the output method modifier. The db argument is the resource database to be used by the output method for looking up resources that are private to the output method. It is not intended that this database be used to look up values that can be set as OC values in an output context. If db is NULL, no data- base is passed to the output method. The res_name and res_class arguments specify the resource name and class of the application. They are intended to be used as prefixes by the output method when looking up resources that are common to all output contexts that may be created for this output method. The charac- ters used for resource names and classes must be in the X Portable Character Set. The resources looked up are not fully specified if res_name or res_class is NULL. The res_name and res_class arguments are not assumed to exist beyond the call to XOpenOM. The specified resource database is assumed to exist for the lifetime of the output method. XOpenOM returns NULL if no output method could be opened. SEE ALSO
XCreateOC(3X), XCloseOM(3X), XSetOMValues(3X), XGetOMValues(3X), XDisplayOfOM(3X), XLocaleOfOM(3X) X Version 11 Release 6 XOpenOM(3X)