Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Enterprise 3000
Special Forums Hardware Sun Enterprise 3000 Post 302956097 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 26th of September 2015 02:55:07 AM
Old 09-26-2015
Do you use a serial cable to see the console output? Any messages?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ultra enterprise 3000

I have been trying to install a few different distributions on this server, i have 1 sparc 250 mhz, 512 ram, it has a scsi with the built in ethernet, ive tried debian, bsd, with no luck, i can gentoo live cd to run and work with the ethernet, but i would like a normal distro, anywaysi have solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahjoel
4 Replies

2. Solaris

keyboard & monitor for SUn ultra enterprise 3000

Hi all, i just purchased Sun Ultra Enterprise 3000, but they did not include with keyboard/mouse . i am very new with this box. could you give me which type of keyboard i can use and video connector to my monitor since serial connectors for keyboard and video is different with my PC. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Powering ON SUN 450 Enterprise

Problem powering ON the SUN 450 E, we checked voltage and the power supply. Seems to be we have out of 3 LED's in the back 2 are glowing, when we turn the power button on the front from standby to ON. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?. I have looked through some troubleshooting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calsum
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Enterprise 420R

I am trying to connect to our Sun Enterprise 420R server via Hyperterminal. Using settings of 9600,n,1,n, I am getting nothing on COM4 (my laptop's ethernet port). I've also tried COM3, COM2, and COM5 - but at least I can type in COM4: the other three I cannot type when trying to connect. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmcgranahan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help

Hi everybody, my name is Giulia and for me is the fist time in this forum, i hope write in the correct section for my problem. I have a sun solaris server e250 enterprise with sun 5 versionof O.S. Now i wont format all and install new version of solaris, but i don't know the actual corrent... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giulia79
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with Stubborn Sun Ultra Enterprise 450

Hello everyone...yesterday i've received a Sun Ultra E450 Server Unit and when I try to boot from everything it asks me for Firmware Password.:rolleyes: The unit hasn't been used for 10 years...so no one doesn't yet remember the password.:D Ok,I've searched on the Internet all day long finding... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daiman
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun enterprise 420R boot issue

Hi, I am using sun enterprise 420R server. Problem is on the monitor i am not able to see anything. I tried Serial connection, on terminal(using serial) i could see that POST(power on start tests) tests are being done, after that "timeout waiting for arp rarp packet" message keep displaying... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkittu009
11 Replies
CYC(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    CYC(3)

NAME
cyc - Cyclone fiber interface SYNOPSIS
bind #C /dev /dev/cyc DESCRIPTION
The cyc device drives the Cyclone CVME961 (not 960) card with an attached SQFBR Squall module to provide a high-speed point-to-point 9P link between a CPU server and a file server. Both machines must of course have VME buses. For debugging, the Cyclone may be loaded with on-board software using xms (see con(1)) and the NINDY ROM supplied with the device. In production, though, it is easiest to replace the ROM with the program in the directory /sys/src/fs/cyc. In either case, the on-board software expects an identical Cyclone to be at the other end of the fiber. One of the boards must be in a CPU server, the other in a file server; the systems configure their respective boards dynamically as appropriate. The driver serves a single file, /dev/cyc. When opened, the file initializes the connection to the file server. The resulting file descriptor should be used only to send and receive 9P messages. Typically boot(8) will open /dev/cyc, prime the connection by sending nop and session messages (see attach(5)), and then mount (see bind(2)) the file descriptor in the CPU server's name space. Thenceforth all activity on /dev/cyc will be mediated by the mount driver mnt(3)). FILES
/sys/src/fs/cyc Directory of on-board software for the Cyclone. SEE ALSO
CVME960, CVM961 Single Board Computer User's Manual and SQFBR User's Manual, Cyclone Microsystems, Inc., New Haven, CT, 1-203-7865536 SOURCE
/sys/src/9/power/devcyc.c BUGS
The driver is specific to the SGI Power Series, although the device should operate on any VME bus. CYC(3)