Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Debian install - kernel panic Post 302956029 by 1in10 on Thursday 24th of September 2015 08:42:36 PM
Old 09-24-2015
May you should look for GRUB2 repair download. I recently installed bsd on an six year old laptop, it worked with GRUB2 repair. Nontheless, have a look at your bios first device to boot. This should work even with systemd and jessie. There is also a way to get it work without systemd. I suppose it ain't your hardware but the installer itself. Be happy not to struggle with UEFI. Otherwise you plug in the grub2 repair on an usb-drive and then run the CD-Installation. At least you can give it a try.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RH 7.3 Kernel Panic.

I've installed rh 7.3 a fewday ago and I'm trying to boot it and I get this" Kernel panic: no init found. try passing init=options to kernel" ????? What do I do. Thanks. F,Ruiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruizf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel panic

hello :-) I have one problem with my LiLO... I installed PLD Linux on my computer but when it boots, the last thing I can see is: request_module Root fs not mounted VFS: Cannot open root device 03:01 Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01 and the system stops :-( what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgas
1 Replies

3. Linux

kernel panic

I have compiled kernel version 2.6.12 in my linux box mandrake 10.1. I have followed www.digitalhermit.com/linux/Kernel-Build-HOWTO.html instructions. I have copied .config file from /usr/src/linux and lightly modified it (only the processor type) by xconfig. I have compiled the source and modules.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davide71
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel panic - not syncing == While RHEL AS install

I am trying to Install RHEL AS 4 on x86 pc, through VNC and got the below error, Am not pretty sure as how to resolve this. Can some one guide me through the process, or what might be missing.... Have Installed RHEL, many a times but cudnt find this out... Wud appreciate an early reply ......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
0 Replies

5. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

6. Linux

kernel panic on RHEL3

hello all, please, help! we suffered out of power today and one of our Linux boxes cannot boot properly: .. hda set_driver_speed_status error 0X04 VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 00:00 ... the only thing that i can do - is boot in the rescue mode. i've already added noinitrd to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarGur
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simulating kernel panic

How can a kernel panic be simulated? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does the kernel panic mean?

Hi, all: How should I obtain the reason of kernel panic? How should I debug the program which result in a kernel panic? What can I get from the panic information? li, kunlun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
3 Replies

9. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

10. SCO

Kernel Panic

Hello when i booting my SCO Server I become this Message PLS can anyone help me? Cheers Christoph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cga
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP@.SERVICE(8)				    systemd-cryptsetup@.service 			    SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-cryptsetup@.service, systemd-cryptsetup - Full disk decryption logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-cryptsetup@.service /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cryptsetup DESCRIPTION
systemd-cryptsetup@.service is a service responsible for setting up encrypted block devices. It is instantiated for each device that requires decryption for access. systemd-cryptsetup@.service will ask for hard disk passwords via the password agent logic[1], in order to query the user for the password using the right mechanism at boot and during runtime. At early boot and when the system manager configuration is reloaded this /etc/crypttab is translated into systemd-cryptsetup@.service units by systemd-cryptsetup-generator(8). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-cryptsetup-generator(8), crypttab(5), cryptsetup(8) NOTES
1. password agent logic http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 208 SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP@.SERVICE(8)