Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl inserting random negative integer Post 302956010 by gandolf989 on Thursday 24th of September 2015 03:25:41 PM
Old 09-24-2015
I agree with Corona688. You need to post the code for get_po_nbr for people to help you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: random select

How do I: 1. Have a list of names. JOE, JOHN, PETER, PAT. how do i get perl to randomly select any two and put them in $name1 and put the other two in $name2 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i generate random integer using only shell script

Hi All, I need to generate 4 digit random no using only shell script. Please help in this ASAP. Thanks in advance... Regards, sridhar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting into first record using perl

hi all... i got some requirment where i need to insert some values into first record of flat file. i am using perl for that job. var1=456 var2=789 echo `perl -p -i -e "s/U/\${var1}U${var2}/g;" myFile.txt` but it is writing into all records which has U.... can anyone help me out in this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreekrishnagd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in Inserting a new line in a file using PERL

I need a perl script to find and replace a specific pattern in a file to a new line. BAsically I have a single line data in a file with 10 mb to 200 MB. I want to put a new line based on a specific pattern to open the file in Excel / Access. Following is the sample data in a file ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: portalfaq
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Numbers - Perl

Hi Guys I have a script to find Ranomd numbers. But I want to make the file to produce more random. Could u guys help me plz. In this Script I have the code that generates random in for loop and the range I have specified in my %chromlength input and out put will be like this chrno start end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Inserting text

Hey, I have 10 lines of text ... And I would like to Insert prefix for each line with static text. perl -pi -e 's/()/$1 TEST$./' data.txt Each line will have different static prefix, Code above works perfectly for 1st line ... I'm just not sure how I can run same command for 2nd line 3rd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NDxiak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl output with negative and positive numbers

Hello, For my weather station I have made a little perl script to put the data into cacti. The next problem I have. I can only get positive numbers or negative numbers. What do I do: Though a shell scrip I call the perl script. Shell script: #!/bin/sh cat data.txt | stats.pl Perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbl-blacklight
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Process, where each process generates a random integer

Hello all, I am writing a program where user enters an integer and the program creates that number of processes. Each child process generates a random integer. When a child process calls a procedure say Myprocedure it should terminate where as the parent process wait for the child to terminate. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisum
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: backslash in front of integer like \32768

In Perl, what does a backslash preceding an integer do like \32768 ? The $/ section of perlvar writes: local $/ = \32768; # or \"32768", or \$var_containing_32768 How is \32768 different from just 32768 without backslash? I do not understand the backslashes in \"32768" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Integer Test

Working out a small problem, I have a need of a Perl snippet which might look something like this: use integer; ... if ($changingNumber / 2) { do something; } else { do something else; } ... What I want to happen is for "if" to resolve as "true" every time a whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
3 Replies
BLAZE-EDIT(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-EDIT(1)

NAME
blaze-edit - edits a blog post or a page in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id blaze-edit -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -p, --page Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Edit a blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit 10 Edit a page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 4 Edit a page in nano: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-EDIT(1)