Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users In centos how to set the console font like in debian Post 302955935 by Aia on Wednesday 23rd of September 2015 08:58:59 PM
Old 09-23-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolatt
[...] the commands:
Code:
setfont ter-116n.psf.gz

to make permanent on reboot
Code:
echo setfont ter-116n.psf.gz >> /etc/rc.local

In Centos 6.x, the configuration file /etc/sysconfig/i18n has the facility to set the default console font at boot. Modify SYSFONT to:
Code:
SYSFONT="ter-116n"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Character set for Symbol.pfa font

Hi, I want to know about the characters that are available in the Symbol.pfa font file. I am using freetype library to render the fonts in Windows. What encoding should I provide to get all the symbols in the Symbol font file? It would be very helpful if i get all the characters in this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pushpagiri
0 Replies

2. Solaris

how to set font for Print

I want one help from you.I got one printer related task in which when user is printing some doc , Font size is big. He want to reduce the size.we are using SUN SOLARIS (Text Based - NON GUI) operation system. Can you tell me , what could be the reason and how to check default font size and style... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahuja_kishor
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

console set up hp ux 11i

could you pls suggest me how to set up a console terminal in hp ux11i whose front end is windows2003. i want to see the console message as well as to operate normal terminals. i appreciate your early tips. regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set font size

can any one tell me how to set the font size in unix? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set background colours for a cygwin console

Hi, I need to set the background colors for cygwin console, when I do ssh to production boxes. This should be done through commands.. Please suggest me asap. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set font color for STDIN,STDOUT and STDERR?

I want to differentiate the STDOUT and STDERR messages in my terminal . If a script or command is printing a message in terminal I want to differentiate by colors, Is it possible ? Example: $date Wed Jul 27 12:36:50 IST 2011 $datee bash: datee: command not found $alias ls alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies
DH_CONSOLEDATA(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 DH_CONSOLEDATA(1)

NAME
dh_consoledata - declare console data files SYNOPSIS
dh_consoledata [debhelper options] [-n] DESCRIPTION
This program is meant to assist in building a package that provides data files for the console. It is still in the early stages of developement, and many features are still missing or partly implemented. Please look at /usr/share/doc/console-common/TODO for more details. For now this program takes a debian/package.keymaps file, installs in in the package build directory, and creates the debian/package.config and debian/package.templates files. It also makes the ${console:depends} variable available for the control file. This variable should be referenced in the Depends field, as should ${perl:depends} if you use dh_perl (which you should call anyway, since your package will include a perl debconf script). It should ultimately allow to declare fonts and SFM fallbacks. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. -d Install the debconf templates and config script (and add the postinst fragment, unless -n is also specified), even if there is no debian/package.keymaps file. This is normally intended for internal use, be careful that the name of the option and its semantics will probably change in the near future, to accomodate for new needs. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1) This program is an extention to debhelper. AUTHOR
Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2011-12-05 DH_CONSOLEDATA(1)