Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to create new thread
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Unable to create new thread Post 302955915 by Corona688 on Wednesday 23rd of September 2015 12:01:31 PM
Old 09-23-2015
"bits" only applies to creating threads in the emergency forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

create thread C with JNI function with JAVA

Hello, J create a thread C with a JNI function via JAVA. J have the following message (but not in each time): Someone has an idea ? Thank. Unexpected Signal : 4 occurred at PC=0x78C103E0 Function= Library=(N/A) NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open thread

I am unable to open the mimesender thread. I get the following message when clicking on https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=33233#post33233 : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Programming

create a thread from a returning function

hi all, my requirement is to create a thread by calling another function. i.e i dont call pthread_create directly from main, but by calling another function (createThd - below ), from main. Example: void *thread_function(void *arg) { /* thread function */ int i; rc =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
3 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

unable to post thread

Hello, I'd like to post a aix thread but I'm unable to. Please let me know why this is happening. Thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sullivjp
1 Replies

5. Programming

how to create variable for all thread in c++

hello I have this code #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> #include<cstring> using namespace std; int var1=0; void doSomething() { var1 = 5; cout<<"Do S :"<<var1<<endl; sleep(1); var1 =7; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip_a1
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh Create Thread

I think I know the answer but I'll ask and see if someone with more expertise can share new light on this topic: Does Ksh have the capability to create new threads (not processes) and/or offer some multiplexing on named pipes? Thanks for your assistance! ~sreyes27 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
2 Replies

7. Programming

Unable to create a UDP client from thread?

I try to initial a UDP client from threading, but it doesn't work? why? These codes from the textbook #define ECHOMAX 255 /* Longest string to echo */ #define TIMEOUT_SECS 2 /* Seconds between retransmits */ #define MAXTRIES 5 /* Tries before giving up */... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to Create a New Thread

please tell me how can i post a new post. i am not getting any option to post a new question. any suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks, Arpit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thearpit
1 Replies

9. Programming

unable to use a function to crate a joinable thread

In my program, threads may be created when some events trigger. So I can't create threads on initialization. Theremore,I write a createThread() function to create thread. However, it is blocking at first call and don't run anymore? why? #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
4 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to post or reply thread after login

I am unable to post reply to a thread. Whenever I will reply to any post I get the message every time : The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. Even though length of the message is more than required. for example I tried to post ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
SYSTEMD.TARGET(5)						  systemd.target						 SYSTEMD.TARGET(5)

NAME
systemd.target - Target unit configuration SYNOPSIS
target.target DESCRIPTION
A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".target" encodes information about a target unit of systemd, which is used for grouping units and as well-known synchronization points during start-up. This unit type has no specific options. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files. The common configuration items are configured in the generic [Unit] and [Install] sections. A separate [Target] section does not exist, since no target-specific options may be configured. Target units do not offer any additional functionality on top of the generic functionality provided by units. They exist merely to group units via dependencies (useful as boot targets), and to establish standardized names for synchronization points used in dependencies between units. Among other things, target units are a more flexible replacement for SysV runlevels in the classic SysV init system. (And for compatibility reasons special target units such as runlevel3.target exist which are used by the SysV runlevel compatibility code in systemd. See systemd.special(7) for details). IMPLICIT DEPENDENCIES
There are no implicit dependencies for target units. DEFAULT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are added unless DefaultDependencies=no is set: o Target units will automatically complement all configured dependencies of type Wants= or Requires= with dependencies of type After= unless DefaultDependencies=no is set in the specified units. Note that Wants= or Requires= must be defined in the target unit itself -- if you for example define Wants=some.target in some.service, the automatic ordering will not be added. o Target units automatically gain Conflicts= dependency against shutdown.target. EXAMPLE
Example 1. Simple standalone target # emergency-net.target [Unit] Description=Emergency Mode with Networking Requires=emergency.target systemd-networkd.service After=emergency.target systemd-networkd.service AllowIsolate=yes When adding dependencies to other units, it's important to check if they set DefaultDependencies=. Service units, unless they set DefaultDependencies=no, automatically get a dependency on sysinit.target. In this case, both emergency.target and systemd-networkd.service have DefaultDependencies=no, so they are suitable for use in this target, and do not pull in sysinit.target. You can now switch into this emergency mode by running systemctl isolate emergency-net.target or by passing the option systemd.unit=emergency-net.target on the kernel command line. Other units can have WantedBy=emergency-net.target in the [Install] section. After they are enabled using systemctl enable, they will be started before emergency-net.target is started. It is also possible to add arbitrary units as dependencies of emergency.target without modifying them by using systemctl add-wants. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd.unit(5), systemd.special(7), systemd.directives(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD.TARGET(5)