Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change the i-th character of the j-th line Post 302955890 by f_o_555 on Wednesday 23rd of September 2015 08:00:49 AM
Old 09-23-2015
is there a way to specify the row number? I would like to change only one row+column

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change character case

i need to change character case inside a script file. How i can do that? any fucntion? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi single character change

I know this is strictly a programming forum - but I consider vi a programming enabler and the question relates to regex you'd use with awk/sed anyway.... I have a file which is 50,000+ lines long and need to change many many instances of word_word_word to be word+word+word where... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brett Taylor
6 Replies

3. Solaris

help me to change the character set

dears i am using solaris 10 i am facing a problem when i make setup for solaris i choose the country egypt and i select the language north america but i forget to do that the i found the date Jun written in arabic i want to change character set to written in english -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosney00ux
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse a change of character

Good morning, i have two chaines of characters to be reversed in shell script (red with blue). It was only one line. Can you help me to write a script in awk or sed? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change last Character

Hi, Someone can help me please, i have text in file like this: (a,b,c,d,e), (f,g,h,i,j), (k,l,m,n,o), and i want to change the last character to like this: (a,b,c,d,e), (f,g,h,i,j), (k,l,m,n,o); last array character "," i want change to ";" anyone can help me please,, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryo
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to remove new line character and append new line character in a file?

Hi Experts, I have data coming in 4 columns and there are new line characters \n in between the data. I need to remove the new line characters in the middle of the row and keep the \n character at the end of the line. File is comma (,) seperated. Eg: ID,Client ,SNo,Rank 37,Airtel \n... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help removing last character of every line if certain character

I need help removing the last character of every line if it is a certain character. For example I need to get rid of a % character if it is in the last position. Input: aaa% %bbb ccc d%dd% Output should be: aaa %bbb ccc d%dd I tried this but it gets rid of all of the % characters.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor25
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: delete on each line before a character and after a character

Hi there, A total sed noob here. Is there a way using sed to delete everything before a character AND after another character on each line in a file? The deletion should also delete the indicating characters(here: an opening and a closing parenthesis). The original file would look like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bnbsd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read character by character in line in which space is also included

Hi friend, I have one file , and i want to read that file character by character. I need this script in ksh. while using read option with -n1 am getting error. while read -n1 c read has bad option And if i am using below script, then if in a line has space like this ( Pallvi mahajan)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
10 Replies
DB2_STATISTICS(3)							 1							 DB2_STATISTICS(3)

db2_statistics - Returns a result set listing the index and statistics for a table

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_statistics (resource $connection, string $qualifier, string $schema, string $table-name, bool $unique) DESCRIPTION
Returns a result set listing the index and statistics for a table. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. o $qualifier - A qualifier for DB2 databases running on OS/390 or z/OS servers. For other databases, pass NULL or an empty string. o $schema - The schema that contains the targeted table. If this parameter is NULL, the statistics and indexes are returned for the schema of the current user. o $table_name - The name of the table. o $unique - An integer value representing the type of index information to return. o $0 - Return only the information for unique indexes on the table. o $1 - Return the information for all indexes on the table. RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource with a result set containing rows describing the statistics and indexes for the base tables matching the specified parameters. The rows are composed of the following columns: +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Column name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | TABLE_CAT | | | | | | | The catalog that contains the table. The value is | | | NULL if this table does not have catalogs. | | | | | TABLE_SCHEM | | | | | | | Name of the schema that contains the table. | | | | | TABLE_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the table. | | | | | NON_UNIQUE | | | | | | | An integer value representing whether the index | | | prohibits unique values, or whether the row rep- | | | resents statistics on the table itself: | | | | | | box, tab (|); c | c | . T{ Return value | | | | | | Parameter type | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |0 (SQL_FALSE) | | | | | | | The index allows duplicate values. | | | | |1 (SQL_TRUE) | | | | | | | The index values must be unique. | | | | | | | | NULL | | | | | | | This row is statistics information for the table | | | itself. | | | | +--------------+---------------------------------------------------+ T} T{ INDEX_QUALIFIER T} |T{ A string value representing the qualifier that would have to be prepended to INDEX_NAME to fully qualify the index. T} T{ INDEX_NAME T} |T{ A string representing the name of the index. T} T{ TYPE T} |T{ An integer value representing the type of information contained in this row of the result set: +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Return value | | | | | | | Parameter type | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 0 (SQL_TABLE_STAT) | | | | | | | The row contains statistics about the table | | | itself. | | | | |1 (SQL_INDEX_CLUSTERED) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a clustered | | | index. | | | | | 2 (SQL_INDEX_HASH) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a hashed | | | index. | | | | | 3 (SQL_INDEX_OTHER) | | | | | | | The row contains information about a type of | | | index that is neither clustered nor hashed. | | | | +------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ T} T{ ORDINAL_POSITION T} |T{ The 1-indexed position of the column in the index. NULL if the row contains statistics information about the table itself. T} T{ COLUMN_NAME T} |T{ The name of the column in the index. NULL if the row contains statistics information about the table itself. T} T{ ASC_OR_DESC T} |T{ A if the column is sorted in ascending order, D if the column is sorted in descending order, NULL if the row contains statistics informa- tion about the table itself. T} T{ CARDINALITY T} |T{ If the row contains information about an index, this column contains an integer value representing the number of unique values in the index. If the row contains information about the table itself, this column contains an integer value representing the number of rows in the table. T} T{ PAGES T} |T{ If the row contains information about an index, this column contains an integer value representing the number of pages used to store the index. If the row contains information about the table itself, this column contains an integer value representing the number of pages used to store the table. T} T{ FILTER_CONDITION T} |T{ Always returns NULL. T} SEE ALSO
db2_column_privileges(3), db2_columns(3), db2_foreign_keys(3), db2_primary_keys(3), db2_procedure_columns(3), db2_procedures(3), db2_spe- cial_columns(3), db2_table_privileges(3), db2_tables(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_STATISTICS(3)