Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to create new thread
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Unable to create new thread Post 302955869 by gehe on Tuesday 22nd of September 2015 06:35:12 PM
Old 09-22-2015
Unable to create new thread

Hi.

I registered, but when trying to post, I get ...

"Sorry, you do not have enough Bits to post a new thread"

Google & Forum search showed some hits, but no solution.

Please advide.

Thanks!
gehe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

create thread C with JNI function with JAVA

Hello, J create a thread C with a JNI function via JAVA. J have the following message (but not in each time): Someone has an idea ? Thank. Unexpected Signal : 4 occurred at PC=0x78C103E0 Function= Library=(N/A) NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to open thread

I am unable to open the mimesender thread. I get the following message when clicking on https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?p=33233#post33233 : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

3. Programming

create a thread from a returning function

hi all, my requirement is to create a thread by calling another function. i.e i dont call pthread_create directly from main, but by calling another function (createThd - below ), from main. Example: void *thread_function(void *arg) { /* thread function */ int i; rc =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
3 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

unable to post thread

Hello, I'd like to post a aix thread but I'm unable to. Please let me know why this is happening. Thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sullivjp
1 Replies

5. Programming

how to create variable for all thread in c++

hello I have this code #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> #include<cstring> using namespace std; int var1=0; void doSomething() { var1 = 5; cout<<"Do S :"<<var1<<endl; sleep(1); var1 =7; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip_a1
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh Create Thread

I think I know the answer but I'll ask and see if someone with more expertise can share new light on this topic: Does Ksh have the capability to create new threads (not processes) and/or offer some multiplexing on named pipes? Thanks for your assistance! ~sreyes27 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
2 Replies

7. Programming

Unable to create a UDP client from thread?

I try to initial a UDP client from threading, but it doesn't work? why? These codes from the textbook #define ECHOMAX 255 /* Longest string to echo */ #define TIMEOUT_SECS 2 /* Seconds between retransmits */ #define MAXTRIES 5 /* Tries before giving up */... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to Create a New Thread

please tell me how can i post a new post. i am not getting any option to post a new question. any suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks, Arpit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thearpit
1 Replies

9. Programming

unable to use a function to crate a joinable thread

In my program, threads may be created when some events trigger. So I can't create threads on initialization. Theremore,I write a createThread() function to create thread. However, it is blocking at first call and don't run anymore? why? #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
4 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to post or reply thread after login

I am unable to post reply to a thread. Whenever I will reply to any post I get the message every time : The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters. Even though length of the message is more than required. for example I tried to post ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
pthread_getsequence_np(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 pthread_getsequence_np(3)

NAME
pthread_getsequence_np - Obtains the unique identifier for the specified thread. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> unsigned long pthread_getsequence_np( pthread_t thread); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Thread object whose sequence number is to be obtained. DESCRIPTION
This routine obtains and returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object specified in the thread argument. The thread sequence number provides a unique identifier for each existing thread. A thread's thread sequence number is never reused while the thread exists, but can be reused after the thread terminates. The debugger interfaces use this sequence number to identify each thread in commands and in display output. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread object. RETURN VALUES
No errors are returned. This routine returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object speci- fied in the thread argument. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_create(3), pthread_self(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_getsequence_np(3)