Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash - sftp simple script problem Post 302955857 by RudiC on Tuesday 22nd of September 2015 12:16:42 PM
Old 09-22-2015
Try removing EOF 's indentation. Read about "Here documents" in man bash.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Bash Script

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but as I am new to bash shell scripting I'm not sure what: Here's the code webalizer.conf is sitting in the same directory as this file which is named webalizer.sh. Can someone tell me if I've got the syntax right -- it that's correct? I'm executing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xaphalanx
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp bash script

Hello everybody! I am writing a script to connect to a sftp server from a client (both are Linux machines) and pull some files from there. The script is supposed to check if the files are already put on the server and if yes take them. If not, check again in 10 minutes, let's say. Everything... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash for loop problem

I'm just trying to make a script that runs in command line to echo each line in a text file. Everything i found on google is telling me to do it like this but when I run it it just echos removethese.txt and thats it. Anyone know what im doing wrong? for i in removethese.txt; do echo $i; done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH script?

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I'm sounding ... daft. I currently work in a Tech Support role. Every day we have to generate data by running around 10 .sh scripts. I was thinking instead of having to ./filename 10 times is it possible to right a new script that will run these for... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple bash script

I am writing a shell script in bash one of the thing I want to show is size of export /home du -sk /export/home/oracle | cut -c 1-5 echo "kbytes" when I run the script kbytes shows up in the second line, How can I append kbytes on the same line, such as 61233 kbytes please guide thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a simple bash script

to gather the cpu utilization from a system in 5 minute intervals and direct output to file. I'm new at scripting and while this seems like an easy task I'm confused on where to start. thanks for any help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkeyes001
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash script problem

#!/bin/bash cd /media/disk-2 Running ./run.sh it's not changing directory.Why? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash script help

Hi to everyone here, I'm a new user and relatively-new linuxer. I'm trying to write a script that checks if every file from a directory is present in a given list and if not, delete it. should be simple. But I think I've done half the work only: this is to create the reference list: for c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dentex
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sftp script not working - Please help

I have the below sftp script to transfer a file from a linux host(source) to another linux host(target). Public key is already set up in target host and I am able to transfer file using sftp from source to target. But not sure why the below script(ftp_script) is not working. Any help in this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armaan
3 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD