Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx options to change from address Post 302955833 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 22nd of September 2015 06:32:23 AM
Old 09-22-2015
Hello arun,

Could you please try following if that helps you.
Code:
MAILFROM=Singh&Singh@Singh.com
TO=Singh@chumma.com
SUBJECT="TEST"
Input_file="/tmp/singh_test/Input_file"
cat - ${Input_file} <<EOF | /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t
To: ${MAILTO}
Subject: $SUBJECT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
MIME-Version: 1.0
EOF

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx sender address customisation

Hi All, I'm on UNIX -Solaris... I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent.... BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx- can we change the from address in the email that is sent out.

Hello, Is there anyway to change the from address in the email sent using mailx command? I have the following command: mailx -s $subject xxx@xxxx.com < $mail_mesg This defaults to the following format "acctname@usserver.companyname.com" as the from address in the email. Problem is this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change from address in mailx

Hi, i am sending mails regulary for updation of data. The from addresses dispaly like POP.RECH@skk182.com i want display like oracle@skk182.com can u help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx options

Hi all I want to send a mailx in shell script setting the font and style eg : message should go in Arial style .. How can these be done? Thanks and Regards Navatha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navatha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send in the future? Also change "from" address?

Hey, I've got a script using mailx to send an email to the user, but i'd like it if I could have it send the email sometime in the future, not right away. And by future, i mean like 1 minute in the future. And I don't want it to halt the script in anyway. Perhaps there's a way to have it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

mailx to external email address

Hi, How can I use "mailx" command to send message to an email address like this? echo "This email body" | mailx -s "my subject" "email@hostname.com" There may be some setup required in sendmail or postfix?? OS = Snow Leopard 10.6 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FlyingSquirrel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Customizing from address in mailx command

Currently I am using mailx command for sending mails. But the mail is sent as from userid@servername by default. Is it possible to customise the from mail address in mailx command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue; email address starting with #

Hello All, I have a requirement to generate report and send them to a distribution list. The problem I am facing is when sending out the email using mailx. The email address (DL) we have is starting with # and because of this it's not recognising the email and throwing the below error. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
2 Replies
COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)

NAME
collect-reminders - collect email reminders to be sent out SYNOPSIS
Collect emails reminders set by users for special occasions and move them to the email-reminder spool directory. DESCRIPTION
Email-reminder allows users to define events that they want to be reminded of by email. This script is meant to be invoked everyday by a cron job or as the root user. It collects the reminder files from each user. OPTIONS
--help Displays basic usage message. --verbose Prints out information about what the program is doing, including the full emails being sent out. --version Displays the version number. FILES
~/.email-reminders, /etc/email-reminder.conf AUTHOR
Francois Marier <francois@email-reminder.org.nz> SEE ALSO
email-reminder-editor, send-reminders COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 by Francois Marier Email-Reminder is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Email-Reminder is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Email-Reminder; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)