Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exclude lines in a file with matches with multiple Strings using egrep Post 302955720 by RudiC on Monday 21st of September 2015 06:18:52 AM
Old 09-21-2015
How about presenting the entire scenario so a fit solution could be worked out?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from multiple lines into one file -

input file Desired csv output gc_type, date/time, milli secs af, Mar 17 13:09:04 2011, 144.596 af, Mar 20 00:37:37 2011, 144.242 af, ar 20 21:30:59 2011, 108.518 Hi All, Any help in acheiving the above would be appreciated. I would like to parse through lines within one file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vampire
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string with contents of a txt file containing multiple lines of strings

Hello everyone, ive been trying to replace a string "kw01" in an xml file with the contents of a txt file having multiple lines. im a unix newbie and all the sed combinations i tried resulted to being garbled. Below is the contents of the txt file: RAISEDATTIME --------------------... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from multiple lines into one csv file

Hi all, Please go through my requirement. I have a log file in the location /opt/WebSphere61/AppServer/profiles/EMQbatchprofile/logs/EMQbatch This file contains the follwing pattern data <af type="tenured" id="42" timestamp="May 14 13:44:13 2011" intervalms="955.624"> <minimum... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vampire
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep strings on different lines in file

test.txt: appleboy orangeletter sweetdeal catracer conducivelot I want to only grep out lines that contain "appleboy" AND "sweetdeal". however, the closest thing to this that i can think of is this: cat test.txt | egrep "appleboy|sweetdeal" problem is this only searches for all... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Including EOL in egrep pattern for multiple lines

Hi all I need your help to get a high-performance solution. I am working on a extensive script to automate file restores using the bprestore tool on a Solaris 5.10 server (bash 3.00). I will only paste the needed parts of the script to avoid any confusion. To use the script the user has to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anonym
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File lines starts with # not processed or exclude that lines from processing

I have a file like below #Fields section bald 1234 2345 456 222 abcs dddd dddd ssss mmmm mmm mmm i need do not process a files stating with # I was written code below while read -r line do if then echo ${line} >> elif then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to find multiple strings on different lines in file?

Hello, I have spent considerable amount of time breaking my head on this and reached out here. here is the back ground. OS - Solaris 10 There are two strings '<Orin>sop' and '<Dup>two' which I wanted to look for in a file without the quotes on different lines and ONLY if both strings are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keithTait309875
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude multiple lines using grep

Hi, I'm working on a shell script that reports service status on a database server. There are some services that are in disabled status that the script should ignore and only check the services that are in Enabled status. I output the service configuration to a file and use that information to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each pattern match

Hi I need to egrep patterns in a file and limit number of matches to print for each matched pattern. -m10 option is not working out in my sun solaris 5.10 Please guide me the options to achieve. if i do head -10 , i wont be getting all pattern match results as output since for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
10 Replies