Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash shell expansion help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash shell expansion help Post 302955591 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 19th of September 2015 04:58:45 AM
Old 09-19-2015
Are those files in the directory /shell_expansion or ./shell_expansion? In what directory are the files located?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - delay expansion of variable

Hello - I have a bash script which does some logging, and I'd like to include the line number of the echo statement that pipes into $LOGGER: MYPID=$$ MYNAME=`basename $0` LOGGER="/usr/bin/logger -t $MYNAME($LINENO) -p daemon.error" ... echo 'this is an entry into the log file' | $LOGGER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scandora
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Brace expansion problem in Bash

I have a script that takes an option for server pools to run the script against. The option is given as a comma separated list (ie, -p 201,204,301). I'm using eval and brace expansion to get those pool numbers into an array. It works fine unless only 1 pool number is given. Here's the code: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable delayed expansion?

i write a batch file , here is the content. dirname='date +%Y-%m-%d' mkdir dirname but it doen's work, it just create a folder named date and +%Y-%m-%d. i have tried run the command seperately in the bash prompt. after the first sentence executed , i use $dirname to watch the value of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premotheus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does SH support indirect expansion like BASH?

Hello, is there a kind soul who can answer me, does the SH support double substitution known as indirect expansion similar to BASH? The syntax for bash is ${!var}. For instance in bash I can write something like this: VAR="value" REF_VAR="VAR" echo ${!REF_VAR} and get the "value"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dimentiy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash expansion

Hello. I cannot write a command without using eval. Any help is welcome Note 1 : What does the function SOMETHING has no importance. Note 2 : What does the command find has no importance. It is an expansion variable problem : where to put or or or anythings else What works (FILTRE_1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable expansion

Hello. The file /etc/fstab contains UUID=957c3295-9944-1593-82e2-2b90dede4312 / ext4 noatime,discard,acl,user_xattr 1 1 I fill a variable SOME_LINE=$( cat /etc/fstab | grep \/\..*ext4 | grep noatime,discard )echo $SOME_LINE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Parameter Expansion

I have made the following examples that print various parameter expansions text: iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz.d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018.sac (text%.*): iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz.d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018 (text%%.*): iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz (text#*.): d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018.sac... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Parameter Expansion

#!/bin/bash SNMPW='/usr/bin/snmpwalk' while read h i do loc=$($SNMPW -v3 -u 'Myusername' -l authPriv -a SHA -A 'Password1' -x AES -X 'Password2' $i sysLocation.0 2>/dev/null) loc=${loc:-" is not snmpable."} loc=${loc##*: } loc=${loc//,/} echo "$i,$h,$loc" done < $1 My question is ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumguy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash : More parameter expansion and IFS

I am trying to become more fluent with the interworking of bash and minimize the number of external calls. Sample Data. This will be the response of the snmp query. SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: SomeHostName SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.1.1745... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)