Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing list of files in parallel Post 302955579 by Don Cragun on Friday 18th of September 2015 07:46:05 PM
Old 09-18-2015
There are lots of ways... What operating system and shell are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing data list...

I have a list of files that I want to compare to another list of files, how do I do that? The first list will be my known list and hard coded, for example: mylist="janfile.tar jarfile.jar jan.rpt.Z" etc. The second list will be found by doing an 'ls' piped to a file: ls > filelist.dat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing a distinct value in 1 list with another list

Hi all, I need to compare the contents of 2 directories where the file contents are similar and take out the filenames whose contents does not exist within the 2 directories. Directory1 1 2 3 4 Directory2 54 55 56 57 Does anyone has a script which can do this? At the end of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manualvin
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files in Parallel

Is there any out of box Command in Unix or is it possible through shell scripting to copy all the files in a directory in Parallel. Example. I am doing a COLD database backup. I have the data/dbx directory which has around 1000 data files. I was thinking is there a way to spawn the copy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files and list the differences

Hi * I have two text files which has the file size, timestamp and the file name. I need to compare these two files and get the differences in the output format. Can anyone help me out with this. * cat file1.txt *474742 Apr 18* 2010 sample.log *135098 Apr 18* 2010 Testfile 134282 Apr 18* 2010... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to read two files in parallel

Following is the requirement In FileA I have the content as follows. 1,2,3 111,222,333 1000,2000,3000 In FileB I have the content as follows. 4,5,6 444,555,666 4000,5000,6000 I need to read FileA and FileB parallely and create the FileC as follows. 1,2,3,4,5,6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with Bash - comparing directory contents with list of files

Hey guys, need help with a script I'm trying to write. Basically I need to compare the contents of a folder called "profiles" with a list of files called "template". when the file matches the contents of the folder it needs to set a variable called "checked" to "1" Cookies to anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scriporium
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing list of files

Hi All, I have a list of files and want to find the difference between each file if there is difference then i want the file name to be printed and log the duplicate files For example Size Filename 23 a1 23 a2 23 a3 45 a4 If i diff a1 and a2 and find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wedng.bell
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl parallel download file list

Hello guys, first post sorry if I did some mess here =) Using Ubuntu 14.04lts 64bits server version. I have a list (url.list) with only URLs to download, one per line, that looks like this: http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=1 http://domain.com/teste.php?a=2&b=3&name=2 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonispa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two edge list

Hello, I have two network edgelists with first two columns as nodes and the last column pearson correlation coefficient (PCC). I want to remove the edges from net1 whose edges are common with net2 && (PCC)net2>=(PCC)net1 net1.txt A B 0.6 A C 0.7 B C 0.7 D C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)