Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Attach a document in mail using sendmail command Post 302955544 by blackrageous on Friday 18th of September 2015 10:26:13 AM
Old 09-18-2015

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in mail?

Hi, I want to know how to send a mail in unix using mailx or mail or sendmail to send a mail with a file attached. I have read the answers from the other threads but I still don't understand. I want to do it in the command line as well as in script. Can anyone help? DO I need to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto Attach File with Sendmail

Hi, How can I attach a file using sendmail? I tried /A option like this: $ /usr/bin/sendmail toaddress@gmail.com /A afile.txt but doesn't seem to work. - Monkfan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file in Linux mail command

How to attach a file in Linux mail command Hi Guys, Is there any way to attach a file in Linux mail command without using "uuencode"? i.e. Code: file=/a/b/c/d/file.txtmail -s "Giga aks" abc@123.com <<HDoc`uuencode $file $file 2>/dev/null`HDoc Here, I don;t want to use 'uuencode'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set HIGH importance to a mail sent through mailx or sendmail command

I have written a script for sending automated email, reporting the running status of a cron scheduled work. Now, the issue is, my Project Manager wants, the mail should be received with HIGH IMPORTANCE. How can I do that, kindly anybody explain. Thank you so much. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitte_dino
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does the mail command use sendmail?

The question is, Does the mail comman actually send using sendmail or something else? So I am trying to test if sendmail is set up. I used... cat testemail.txt | mail -s "test mail" myemail@test.com I used my email though I didn't get an error, but didn't get the email either. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wondernate
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to attach file to mail

Hello, I have a .dat file containing one line. I need a script to read that line and make it part of the body and send a mail... Let's say the line is $line. I need the script to send a mail with the body "The last disposal feed is $line". Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfetea
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple file to send mail command

Hi, i want color effect on mail as well as multiple attachment.I have code but this code is used for single attachment. I am unable to attach more than one file.:wall: I want to send two attachments -ahmed.csv and ahmed1.csv . Sample content: <html> <body> <b> Hi...</b> </body> </html> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - how to send attach excel in mail

Hi Experts, i need your help here :confused: Need to send a report thru mail using unix shell script(AIX). can you help me to do this? . i tried "uuencode" with CSV format, but while reading report all values are in single column. i need each column values in separate cell. Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbieabc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)