Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Obfuscating sensitive information in EXPORT commands Post 302955531 by vbe on Friday 18th of September 2015 08:44:11 AM
Old 09-18-2015
Why dont you use ssh keys to connect passwordless then since you are using scp...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

obfuscating shell scripts

Does anyone know of any tool(s) to obfuscate shell scripts for intellectual property protection purposes? My searches turned up one such tool for Perl but not for shell scripts. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabourje
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is Hostname Case sensitive ?????

Hello users, I have a question ? I was just wondering whether the hostname on unix systems are case sensitive. For example in the system which I work. ping TestHost and ping testhost gives me the same output i.e I get the reply from the remote host Is this applicable for all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajphaj
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export script commands with xterm

I am attempting to write a shell script that runs a program which generates data and then runs another program to plot the data. The problem is that I need the plotting to take place in a different terminal window that stays open after the plotting has finished. I have experimented 'xterm -e '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris2051
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Obfuscating mysql root password

I would like to set the root password for mysql databases installed on various machines connected within a network. These machines receive their mysql installation via a script that pulls the installation files from the server and starts installing. During installation I would also like to set the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to take parameters as non case sensitive

Is there a way for me to take a parameter then store it in a variable and use its value as non case sensitive? Ex. Lets say i have a parameter which contains "Hey". Then im gonna store it to GR using GR=$1. CL=/install/$GR.g How can i make GR non case sensitive so that the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

6. Solaris

export vs env vs set commands

Hi I'm trying to understand variable scopes in solaris10. It is said that to display env variables we use 3 commands : - env - set - export What is the difference between them ? thx for help. ---------- Post updated at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:50 AM ---------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

7. Solaris

nxge interfaces too sensitive ?

Hi all, I am writing this post in order to share my experience with the SUN nxge ethernet interfaces and try to see if some of you managed to solve similar issues than the ones we experienced here with T5520 running Solaris 10. First, we noticed that it was somehow difficult to have those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fpraile
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case sensitive in If loop .

Hi All, select app from the menu: ABC DEF GHI JKL ALL # ALL will select all the apps in the menu echo "Enter your option" read option; if then <execute the below command> elif # option is the 1 selection from menu...not ALL <execute the below command> else (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devaraj A
14 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove sensitive data

Hi Kindly remove the following from the post . These are confidential info posted by mistake https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/201037-perl-while-loop-each.html please remove the comments section which is first 16 lines in the perl script . Also please remove the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris commands to retrieve chipset information

I need to know what are the commands in Solaris to retrieve the below information about the hardware platform. 1. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. Serial number of the work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies
Jifty::Manual::Style(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Jifty::Manual::Style(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Manual::Style - Jifty coding style guide Default style When in doubt, default to whatever Damian Conway's Perl Best Practices says. Private documentation When documenting a private method, or providing documentation which is not useful to the user of the module (and is presumably useful to the developer), wrap it in =begin/end private. This way it does not show up in perldoc where a user would see it and yet is still available and well formatted (that is, not just a lump comment) when looking at the code. =begin private =head2 import_extra Called by L<Test::More>'s C<import> code when L<Jifty::Test> is first C<use>'d, it calls L</setup>, and asks Test::More to export its symbols to the namespace that C<use>'d this one. =end private sub import_extra { ... } Test temp files Files created by tests should be declared as such using Jifty::Test->test_file() so they are cleaned up on a successful test run. Use Shell::Command Shell::Command has a number of functions which work like common shell file commands such as "touch", "cp" and "mv". They are battle tested and cross-platform. Use them instead of coding your own. For example, instead of this: open my $file, ">foo"; close $file; Do this: use Shell::Command; touch $file; Case insensitive matching To check if a string equals another string case insensitively, do this lc $foo eq lc $bar; lc $foo eq 'bar'; not this: $foo =~ /^Q$barE/i; $foo =~ /^bar$/i; perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Manual::Style(3pm)