Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting value of a variable Post 302955497 by guknvivek on Thursday 17th of September 2015 05:32:19 PM
Old 09-17-2015
Thanks Corona688.. The '!' helped us to retrieve the value. Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting value in variable??

Hi in Below example. i want "n = aa.txt.gz" ????????????? plz help m=aa.txt n=echo`gzip $m` echo $n (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish.s
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable with variable definition is stored in a variable?

Hi all, I have a variable say var1 (output from somewhere, which I can't change)which store something like this: echo $var1 name=fred age=25 address="123 abc" password=pass1234 how can I make the variable $name, $age, $address and $password contain the info? I mean do this in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddy1228
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a word from a variable

Hi Guys, Need you quick assistance on the below, trying to extract a word from a variable i.e. acmi101acmi102acmi103acmi104 When i use the following code awk '{gsub(/cmi102/,"")};1' it leaves a space in the variable, need to get rid of the space that it leaves. Any ideas. the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from SQL using a variable from a file

Though, its not new, I am a newbie to shell scripting. Please help me with the below. There are two steps. First one is to read a table and create a file with the distinct values. I am able to get this done. Second step is to read the file (which has the single value, like a number) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singas1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting variable value from file

Hi All i have created a file as below cat > REJ_FILE_LIST.dat CUST.DAT,$ABC/TEST.DAT|$ABC/TEST1.DAT|$ABC/TEST2.dat Ctrl+d in another script the variable is set as ABC='/data/proj/Cust' the requirement is to read the second column from file REJ_FILE_LIST.dat which contains... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting Number variable and the following digits.

HI all, I have output of something like this: crab: ExitCodes Summary >>>>>>>>> 12 Jobs with Wrapper Exit Code : 50117 List of jobs: 1-12 See https:///twiki/something/ for Exit Code meaning crab: ExitCodes Summary >>>>>>>>> 5 Jobs with Wrapper Exit Code : 8001 List of... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting characters and storing in some variable

eg: ./myProgram.sh filename.cpp I want to remove the :".cpp" extension from the filename.cpp expected output: filename (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umesh314
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substrings from a string of variable length

I have a string like Months=jan feb mar april x y .. Here the number of fields in Months is not definite I need to extract each field in the Months string and pass it to awk . Don't want to use for in since it is a loop . How can i do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring from variable

Hi All, I'm facing issue wherein I have 2 character string like 'CR' and 'DR' and I want to extract just 1st character but am unable to do it. I tried below options but they are returning me 2nd character only, var="CR" echo ${var:1} returns just "R" echo ${var:0} returns "CR" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
5 Replies
GLGETPROGRAMPIPELINE(3G)					  [FIXME: manual]					  GLGETPROGRAMPIPELINE(3G)

NAME
glGetProgramPipeline - retrieve properties of a program pipeline object C SPECIFICATION
void glGetProgramPipelineiv(GLuint pipeline, GLenum pname, GLint *params); PARAMETERS
pipeline Specifies the name of a program pipeline object whose parameter retrieve. pname Specifies the name of the parameter to retrieve. params Specifies the address of a variable into which will be written the value or values of pname for pipeline. DESCRIPTION
glGetProgramPipelineiv retrieves the value of a property of the program pipeline object pipeline. pname specifies the name of the parameter whose value to retrieve. The value of the parameter is written to the variable whose address is given by params. If pname is GL_ACTIVE_PROGRAM, the name of the active program object of the program pipeline object is returned in params. If pname is GL_VERTEX_SHADER, the name of the current program object for the vertex shader type of the program pipeline object is returned in params. If pname is GL_TESS_CONTROL_SHADER, the name of the current program object for the tessellation control shader type of the program pipeline object is returned in params. If pname is GL_TESS_EVALUATION_SHADER, the name of the current program object for the tessellation evaluation shader type of the program pipeline object is returned in params. If pname is GL_GEOMETRY_SHADER, the name of the current program object for the geometry shader type of the program pipeline object is returned in params. If pname is GL_FRAGMENT_SHADER, the name of the current program object for the fragment shader type of the program pipeline object is returned in params. If pname is GL_INFO_LOG_LENGTH, the length of the info log, including the null terminator, is returned in params. If there is no info log, zero is returned. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if pipeline is not zero or a name previously returned from a call to glGenProgramPipelines() or if such a name has been deleted by a call to glDeleteProgramPipelines(). GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if pname is not one of the accepted values. SEE ALSO
glGetProgramPipelines(), glBindProgramPipeline(), glDeleteProgramPipelines() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLGETPROGRAMPIPELINE(3G)