Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Agent Server Error
Operating Systems Solaris Agent Server Error Post 302955402 by tharmendran on Thursday 17th of September 2015 05:23:31 AM
Old 09-17-2015
Agent Server Error

Hi All,
Recently we got swapped IP between two server. Server A IP is xxxx and while Server B IP is yyyy. After swap IP the situation should be like this Server A IP is yyyy while Server B IP is xxxx. We use /etc/hosts to swap the IP an restart the both server at same time. Found abnormal error keeps on pop up at Server B. The error as below

Sep 17 16:29:47 sundbs2 agent[28355]: [ID 659312 daemon.alert] syslog Sep 17 16:29:47 agent agentServer parameter (old IP) is not a valid local hostname

Is that related to SUNWsymon?
Anyone can share how to solve the above error?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris agent

Hello, on Solaris 5.8 I've installed SunMgtCenter to get the time agent; it's under /opt/SUNWsymon/sbin/es-start -a it's in ps -ef | grep agent ...but it doesn't work; the machine is always in alarm cause the time is different of the clock server; is it clear enough ? tks cc (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

SNMP agent

Hi, I am really new in linux and SNMP. I have a SNMP agent in Linux (net-snmp). I have my MIB in the /usr/share/mibs directory, and I didn't manage to understand where and how do I put the values of the fields in the MIB? The values are static, so the agent need to return the same value in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxbegginer
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Backup Exec Agent Error

Hello, When launching a recently installed UNIX agent for my Veritas backup exec server I receive "getservbyname (grfs, tcp) failed!" I have checked to make sure the service exists under port 6101 and its there. I also removed and recreated the service but still no go. :confused: :confused:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: George26
2 Replies

4. AIX

VIO server support and agent installation

Hi All, I have the following 2 questions: I can't seem to find which versions of VIOserver are supported by IBM. and if there are rule for installation of tooling (e.g. monitoring agents) on a VIOserver. thanx in advance >Raba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raba
3 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS write failed for server.....error 11 (RPC: Server can't decode arguments)

Hello! I have a Linux nfs server (called server100 below) with a export nfs. My problem is that the Solaris client (called client100 below) doesn't seems to like it. In the Solaris syslog I got following messages (and after a while the solaris client behave liked its hanged/to buzy). Also see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH with RSA keys - error contacting the authentication agent

Hi all, Basic Requirement: To SFTP large files (usually 10GB). We use webMethods 6.1.2 (installed on Unix) as the orchstrator and make underlying Unix system calls to do the processing. That is, if we have to SFTP a large file - webMethods will invoke a Perl script on the underlying Unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppotdar
2 Replies

7. Solaris

VCS on Solaris: VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 (host2) Agent is unable to offline resource(DiskReservation)

hi, dear all I get a problem "VCS ERROR V-16-2-13077 " on VCS 4.1 for Solaris 10. I can not offline the host2 when the raid is bad. I don't know the reason and how to offline host2 and switch to host1. please help me, thank you! the message of engine_A.log is : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ForgetChen
2 Replies

8. Solaris

OV Server on 11 - need to install agent?

Client has got a few machines with logical domains on. But I can't see the the ovs-agent service? Quite possibly I guess this has been set up with just logical domains. With no agent. Do you need to use the agent only if planning to manage with OV Manager? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
6 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type => @types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.18.2 2012-06-05 Net::Server::MultiType(3)