Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to Move files of different dates Post 302955360 by prakashs1218 on Wednesday 16th of September 2015 03:52:14 PM
Old 09-16-2015
Thanks for the update.

If we want to move for 30 or 40 days.. then I believe this wont work.

Is there any other to do it for more number of days.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove files by dates

I've tried every way possible to remove files by date and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have an idea how to remove files by dates? Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dman110168
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files and dates

Hello all. I am trying to do a file listing on a particular directory by date. I need to list the files and their directories that have a timestamp between Dec-1-2006 and Jan-1-2007. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastachef
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

files between any two given dates

Can any one help me in getting all the files between any two given dates.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
8 Replies

4. AIX

Copy files for particular dates

Hi, I need to copy particular date files from one directory to another. For example, I have thousands of files in /home/usr From this I need to copy only particular date files (each date contains thousand number of files) to some directory of another server. Could anyone please help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teddy2882
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move files between 2 dates from one directory to another

Hi All, I am coding for a requirement where I need to move files (filename.yymmdd) from one directory(A) to another(B) based on 2 date fields in a paramtere file. (Paramfile.txt) For e.g: In Paramfile.txt, BUS_DT =20120612 SUB_DT =20120602 In this case, i need to move all the files... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files between two dates in UNIX

Hi Team, I need to connect to a prod server and need to get the files which falls between two dates. I should not create ant files on that machine. I am using korn shell. Your help is very much appreciated. Vinay (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the files between particular dates

Hi Please help me for the below task. In my home directory if I run ls -l command, it lists all the files, here I want to delete files created from January 2014 to Aug 2014...but I need to keep the files which are created after September 01 2014. Thanks Siva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_MOVEFILES(1)