Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail subject splitted
Operating Systems AIX Mail subject splitted Post 302955348 by jacquesT on Wednesday 16th of September 2015 02:35:26 PM
Old 09-16-2015
Mail subject splitted

Hi
I have a script that is sending mail and it was working fine. But the last time it run, it gave some errors. It look like the subject was split into many receiver. I am on AIX 6.1.

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
#
HOSTNAME=`which hostname`
MACHINE=`${HOSTNAME}`
# E-mail to inform hci of a stop
echo "### HCI Stop script beginning execution ###" | mail -s "Starting hci_stop on ${MACHINE}" hci

The output was redirected in a log file. Here is what was found in that log file:
Code:
axbe04... User unknown
hci_stop... User unknown
on... User unknown

I received the mail but the subject was only "Starting"

It is like the double quote was ignored and mail was thinking that "hci_stop on ${NOMMACHINE}" where the receivers.

Any ideas ?
Thanks

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 09-17-2015 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Please wrap commands and data in CodeTags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a mail with a subject and an attachement

Dear All: I want to send a message to a list of people with a subject and an attachement, currently I am using the following command into a shell script: uuencode $FILENAME.gz $FILENAME.gz | mail john.kennedy@mycompany.com m.m@mycompany.com With this command I can send the message for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail subject output of script

I am new to this site so please bear with my ignorances. I have started playing with mail on AIX 4.3.3 with many successes (thanks to this site) but am now stuck. I want to send a mail with the subject as the result of a script, eg. I want the mail body to read as the output from 'df -k... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiano
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set Subject in 'mail' ?

Hi, I am trying to send some file to some mail ids using mail command in UNIX. Now the issue is I am not able to find how to add "Subject text" to the command. So I am using command like "mail abc@yahoo.com < file_name" Now if I use simple mail command I can set subject text by using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort mail based on subject in unix.

Hi, I have a complicated requirement.I need to search for a particular pattern in the subject of incoming mail to a set of users and need to save the content of the mail in a file which will be uploaded to a file server. I have a perl script to do the upload.I need a script to sort the mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date need to be add in the subject of the mail.

Hi Am fetching a weekly report pf data..once i fetched the data i need a sent report by mail. In the subject of that mail i want to sent a message like.. SUBJECT :The report had been fetched from (01/12/08 to 07/12/08). I need to send a report like this every week with that particular... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail -s not showing subject on emails

Hi, I have a cron job that creates backups nightly and sends me an email with output from the script. I'm recieving the email and the output; however, the subject field is always empty. Here is what I have in my crontab 00 23 * * * sh /test_backup/test_script | mail -s "Backups"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail: subject and body text

HI, After giving the mail -e name@domain.com its asking the subject : after this its enter in to the body of the mail i.e. (in edit mode) How to end this edit process to send mail ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding hostname and date in subject of the mail

Hi Team, I coded my code to send mail to some reciepents with subject and date. Can somebody suggest me how to add host name to subject ? and the below code is correct for date ? my aim is to send mail with "subject in < hostname> on <date>".When i execute this script on my server its hung... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subject line missing while sending mail

Hi, I have below script PROJECT_NAME=UDL/UDL_Weekly sub= echo ${PROJECT_NAME}|cut -d "/" -f2 cat pr.sh|mail -s "`hostname`: $sub failed" sonu.pal@xyz.com While running the script I am receiving the subject line in mail as " podetlsapp01: failed' instead of " podetlsapp01: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the last line and put on mail subject

I have mail: cat /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt | mail -s "$TODAY: PROD DB Size" $RECIPIENTS I like to get and put USED_GB and %USED of the very last row from /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt. /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt has : DATE TIME TOTAL_GB USED_GB ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
6 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress - Progress bar support for SpamAssassin SYNOPSIS
my $progress = Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress->new({total => 100}); $msgcount = 0; foreach my $message (@messages) { # do something here $msgcount++; $progress->update($msgcount); } $progress->final(); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a progress bar for use in SpamAssassin scripts and modules. It allows you to create the progress bar, update it and print out the final results of a particular run. new public class (Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress) new (\% $args) Description: Creates a new Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress object, valid values for the $args hashref are: total (required) The total number of messages expected to be processed. This item is required. fh [optional] An optional filehandle may be passed in, otherwise STDERR will be used by default. term [optional] The module will attempt to determine if a valid terminal exists on the STDIN filehandle. This item allows you to override that value. init_bar public instance () init_bar() Description: This method creates the initial progress bar and is called automatically from new. In addition you can call init_bar on an existing object to reset the bar to it's original state. update public instance () update ([Integer $num_done]) Description: This method is what gets called to update the progress bar. You may optionally pass in an integer value that indicates how many messages have been processed. If you do not pass anything in then the num_done value will be incremented by one. final public instance () final ([Integer $num_done]) Description: This method should be called once all processing has finished. It will print out the final msgs per sec calculation and the total time taken. You can optionally pass in a num_done value, otherwise it will use the value calculated from the last call to update. perl v5.16.3 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::Util::Progress(3)