Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy files with different extensions and same name Post 302955334 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 16th of September 2015 12:04:13 PM
Old 09-16-2015
Excellent. I'm glad it helped. You might need to be careful if you have a loop within a loop, but if you get stuck, let us know and we can try to help again.
Quote:
for a noob like me
We all had to start somewhere. You should see some of my early stuff! Smilie It's truly horrible, but as it works, there is no point replacing it. Until you know the tricks and options to do things, then you might feel a little lost. Smilie

Feel free to ask for more help. It works best if you can explain the overall objective, then have a go & show us how far you have got with code, files and input/output & errors so we can help you grow your skills and then be able to write and support your own code. Smilie

Cheers,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to select files with different extensions

I want to select files which have different extensions such as .cpp, .cs, .h I can select one of them as find . -name "*.cpp" but I want to select all of them in one command only. It should be pretty simple but I'm not able to get it. Any help with the command will be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List Files by Extensions

I have a unix directory with 500 plus files . When I do a ls -lR I can see ALL the files here . How can I sort this by the files extensions ? I can't enter ls -lR *.ext1 *.ext2 *.ext3 etc in case I miss out some files . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbienix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with 3 different extensions

Hi all, From one directory I need to fetch only files of type *.xls,*.csv,*.txt. I tried the find . -name '*.txt,*.csv,*.xls' -print. But it throws me error. Please do help me on this. Thanks Mahalakshmi.A (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Files according to their Extensions...

I am trying to write a Korne Shell Script wherein we have to sort files according to their extensions(for eg. 1.sh, 5.sh, 9.sh together; 4.csh, 120.csh, 6.csh together and 7.ksh, 2.ksh, 59.ksh together) and move them to their respective directories viz. sh, csh and ksh... I think,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing extensions for multiple files at once

I copied some files to another folder, and I want to change them from .doc extensions to .txt extensions. I tried using the cp and mv commands, but it didn't work. Is it possible to change file extensions with these commands, and if so how do I do it? I tried using the * wildcard (say cp *.doc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files extensions

Hello ! i have a few files like ... setup.001 setup.002 setup.003 setup.004 // to setup.095 and i would like to rename those files to ... setup.r01 setup.r02 setup.r03 setup.r04 // to setup.r95 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Putazo
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for files with specific extensions

Hi, Could someone give me a hand with a search for files with two possible extensions, please. The requirement is simple - I need to issue a single ls command searching for files with the suffix of, say, *.txt and *.log. I've tried to use ls *.txt *.log which works if there are both... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neilmw
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping through files with different extensions

Hi all, I am trying to make a for loop invoking files with different extensions (*.ugrd and *.vgrd) and I cant just make it work. Cant figure out how to load the files so as to use them in subsequent commands like the ones in this pseudo code. the files are arranged such that in one date for... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate files but with different extensions

Hi ! I wonder if anyone can help on this : I have a directory: /xyz that has the following files: chsLog.107.20130603.gz chsLog.115.20130603 chsLog.111.20130603.gz chsLog.107.20130603 chsLog.115.20130603.gz As you ca see there are two files that are the same but only with a minor... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv all files with different extensions to a new name

Hello all! I want to move several files foo.aux foo.log foo.pdf foo.tex to bar_foo.aux bar_foo.pdf bar_foo.tex I am on tcsh % mv foo.* bar_!#:1 is not working. Thank you for your help marek (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: marek
11 Replies
STRUCT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 STRUCT(1)

NAME
struct - structure Fortran programs SYNOPSIS
struct [ option ] ... file DESCRIPTION
Struct translates the Fortran program specified by file (standard input default) into a Ratfor program. Wherever possible, Ratfor control constructs replace the original Fortran. Statement numbers appear only where still necessary. Cosmetic changes are made, including chang- ing Hollerith strings into quoted strings and relational operators into symbols (.e.g. ".GT." into ">"). The output is appropriately indented. The following options may occur in any order. -s Input is accepted in standard format, i.e. comments are specified by a c, C, or * in column 1, and continuation lines are specified by a nonzero, nonblank character in column 6. Normally input is in the form accepted by f77(1) -i Do not turn computed goto statements into switches. (Ratfor does not turn switches back into computed goto statements.) -a Turn sequences of else ifs into a non-Ratfor switch of the form switch { case pred1: code case pred2: code case pred3: code default: code } The case predicates are tested in order; the code appropriate to only one case is executed. This generalized form of switch state- ment does not occur in Ratfor. -b Generate goto's instead of multilevel break statements. -n Generate goto's instead of multilevel next statements. -tn Make the nonzero integer n the lowest valued label in the output program (default 10). -cn Increment successive labels in the output program by the nonzero integer n (default 1). -en If n is 0 (default), place code within a loop only if it can lead to an iteration of the loop. If n is nonzero, admit a small code segments to a loop if otherwise the loop would have exits to several places including the segment, and the segment can be reached only from the loop. `Small' is close to, but not equal to, the number of statements in the code segment. Values of n under 10 are suggested. FILES
/tmp/struct* /usr/libexec/struct/* SEE ALSO
f77(1) BUGS
Struct knows Fortran 66 syntax, but not full Fortran 77. If an input Fortran program contains identifiers which are reserved words in Ratfor, the structured version of the program will not be a valid Ratfor program. The labels generated cannot go above 32767. If you get a goto without a target, try -e . 7th Edition October 22, 1996 STRUCT(1)