Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Errors trying to use all files of a type Post 302955262 by Aia on Tuesday 15th of September 2015 09:23:24 PM
Old 09-15-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmccabe
I guess im not sure how to use basename. Thank you Smilie.
The same technique as prefix=${f%%.bam} can be used to obtain the name of the file without the path
Code:
base_name=${f##*/}

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting files by type (symbolic links)

How do I delete just the symbolic links in a directory? I have files that I wish to keep that have similar names, length and date/time. Can I use file size? Thanks kyle (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryan_toolboy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Type v for generated files

Hi All, I was checking some of the files and I got the following entries:- =============== v, 664, serv, serv, version.txt, exe L, 775, serv, serv, start.sh, eventserv ================ Could someone please tell me what does the type"v" and "L" represent to. I have not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting older files of a particular type

hi This should be easy but i'm obviously missing something obvious. :) I'm looking to delete files from yesterday and older of extension .txt and there a range of subfolders with these files in them. The command runs but doesn't delete anything. SUSE 10. find /testfolder -maxdepth 2 -type f... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmap
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -type d returning files as well as directories

Can anyone see why the following command returns all files and not just the directories as specified? find . -type d -exec ls -F {} \; Also tried find . -type d -name "*" -exec ls -F {} \; find . -type d -name "*" -exec ls -F '{}' \; -print Always returns all files :-\ OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuns99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading files of different type and same basename

Hi ! all I have need of accessing multiple files of different type same base name, and I want to compare base name if matching then I want to send those 2 files of different type to some program, for further processing my files are like this file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt file_4.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files of the same type if there are more than 3

hi, I would like to delete files in a folder starting with letters ab and fe and so on. It should only delete if there are more than 3 files of that type in that folder. Please suggest me how to write a script. i am new to this scripting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sneddy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search in one type of files and replace

I am not sure how to search and replace the word in the few specific files. I need to search and replace word in only the name containing pepsi in the filename. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Latest list of files of each type

find /tmp/testlog/kSR*"_"2018* -type f -printf '%T@ %p\n' | sort -n | tail -3 | cut -f2- -d" " /tmp/testlog/log/KSR04_2018-07-05.log /tmp/testlog/log/KSR04_2018-07-06.log /tmp/testlog/log/KSR01_2018-07-06.log But, I would see the following output(latest files for each KSR tuype) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)