Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find command to find a word from list of files Post 302955190 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 15th of September 2015 07:02:59 AM
Old 09-15-2015
Hello Ram,

If I understood correctly you need to search a word % Retail by State in all files under path /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation. Following may help you in same.
Code:
 find /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation -type f -exec grep -l "%Retail by State" {} \+ 2>/dev/null

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help - Find command with list of files modified descending Order

Hi, I would like to know the command to get the files order in descending order with "FIND" command. Appreciate your help Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonySolarisAdmi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

5. AIX

find command to list all the 777 files and directories owned by root user

Hi I'm logged in to an AIX box now and we need to do an audit on this box. cbssapr01:# pwd / Which command will show all the files and directories owned by root user with permissions as 777 ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files based on the modification time using the find command?

Hi All, I need to list the files based modification time of the files from a directory, I cannot use "ls -t" as there are lot of files, which "ls" command cannot handle. New files will land there daily. So iam looking for an alternative through "find"command. All suggestions are welcomed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code to list the files of find command

hi, i want to list the files from the below find commands output. find ./* -name "*.txt" -type f -mtime +10 will give the output like ./a.txt but i need the output in the format like (ls -lrt a.txt ) -rw-rw-rw- 1 srea nast 5 May 23 07:34 a.txt i used xargs for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List last 1 hour files with out FIND command

Hi Friends, Can we have an alternate command to list last 1hour files with out FIND command? Thanks Suresh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files

Hi All, I am looking for a perl/awk/sed command to auto-increment the numbers line in file, P1.tcl: run_build_model sparc_ifu_dec run_drc set_faults -model path_delay -atpg_effectiveness -fault_coverage add_delay_paths P1 set_atpg -abort_limit 1000 run_atpg -ndetects 1000 I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
6 Replies
NDB_WAITER(1)						       MySQL Database System						     NDB_WAITER(1)

NAME
ndb_waiter - wait for MySQL Cluster to reach a given status SYNOPSIS
ndb_waiter options DESCRIPTION
ndb_waiter repeatedly (each 100 milliseconds) prints out the status of all cluster data nodes until either the cluster reaches a given status or the --timeout limit is exceeded, then exits. By default, it waits for the cluster to achieve STARTED status, in which all nodes have started and connected to the cluster. This can be overridden using the --no-contact and --not-started options. The node states reported by this utility are as follows: o NO_CONTACT: The node cannot be contacted. o UNKNOWN: The node can be contacted, but its status is not yet known. Usually, this means that the node has received a START or RESTART command from the management server, but has not yet acted on it. o NOT_STARTED: The node has stopped, but remains in contact with the cluster. This is seen when restarting the node using the management client's RESTART command. o STARTING: The node's ndbd process has started, but the node has not yet joined the cluster. o STARTED: The node is operational, and has joined the cluster. o SHUTTING_DOWN: The node is shutting down. o SINGLE USER MODE: This is shown for all cluster data nodes when the cluster is in single user mode. The following table includes options that are specific to the MySQL Cluster native backup restoration program ndb_waiter. Additional descriptions follow the table. For options common to most MySQL Cluster programs (including ndb_waiter), see Options Common to MySQL Cluster Programs(1). Table 17.28. ndb_waiter Options and Variables: MySQL Cluster NDB 7.2 +---------------------------+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Format | Description | Added / Removed | +---------------------------+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | Wait for cluster to reach NO CONTACT | | | --no-contact, | state | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | | | | | | -n | | | +---------------------------+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | Wait for cluster to reach NOT | | | --not-started | STARTED state | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | +---------------------------+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | Wait for cluster to enter single | | | --single-user | user mode | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | +---------------------------+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | Wait this many seconds, then exit | | | --timeout=#, | whether or not cluster has reached | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | | | desired state; default | | | -t | is 2 minutes (120 seconds) | | +---------------------------+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | List of nodes not to be waited for. | | | --nowait-nodes=list | | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | +---------------------------+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | List of nodes to be waited for. | | | --wait-nodes=list, | | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | | | | | | -w | | | +---------------------------+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ Usage ndb_waiter [-c connect_string] Additional Options o --no-contact, -n Instead of waiting for the STARTED state, ndb_waiter continues running until the cluster reaches NO_CONTACT status before exiting. o --not-started Instead of waiting for the STARTED state, ndb_waiter continues running until the cluster reaches NOT_STARTED status before exiting. o --timeout=seconds, -t seconds Time to wait. The program exits if the desired state is not achieved within this number of seconds. The default is 120 seconds (1200 reporting cycles). o --single-user The program waits for the cluster to enter single user mode. o --nowait-nodes=list When this option is used, ndb_waiter does not wait for the nodes whose IDs are listed. The list is comma-delimited; ranges can be indicated by dashes, as shown here: shell> ndb_waiter --nowait-nodes=1,3,7-9 Important Do not use this option together with the --wait-nodes option. o --wait-nodes=list, -w list When this option is used, ndb_waiter waits only for the nodes whose IDs are listed. The list is comma-delimited; ranges can be indicated by dashes, as shown here: shell> ndb_waiter --wait-nodes=2,4-6,10 Important Do not use this option together with the --nowait-nodes option. Sample Output. Shown here is the output from ndb_waiter when run against a 4-node cluster in which two nodes have been shut down and then started again manually. Duplicate reports (indicated by "...") are omitted. shell> ./ndb_waiter -c localhost Connecting to mgmsrv at (localhost) State node 1 STARTED State node 2 NO_CONTACT State node 3 STARTED State node 4 NO_CONTACT Waiting for cluster enter state STARTED ... State node 1 STARTED State node 2 UNKNOWN State node 3 STARTED State node 4 NO_CONTACT Waiting for cluster enter state STARTED ... State node 1 STARTED State node 2 STARTING State node 3 STARTED State node 4 NO_CONTACT Waiting for cluster enter state STARTED ... State node 1 STARTED State node 2 STARTING State node 3 STARTED State node 4 UNKNOWN Waiting for cluster enter state STARTED ... State node 1 STARTED State node 2 STARTING State node 3 STARTED State node 4 STARTING Waiting for cluster enter state STARTED ... State node 1 STARTED State node 2 STARTED State node 3 STARTED State node 4 STARTING Waiting for cluster enter state STARTED ... State node 1 STARTED State node 2 STARTED State node 3 STARTED State node 4 STARTED Waiting for cluster enter state STARTED NDBT_ProgramExit: 0 - OK Note If no connection string is specified, then ndb_waiter tries to connect to a management on localhost, and reports Connecting to mgmsrv at (null). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 NDB_WAITER(1)