Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Router problem or ISP problem ? Post 302955179 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 15th of September 2015 06:14:21 AM
Old 09-15-2015
Well in my opinion that's pretty conclusive.

The router gets its config (ip address, gateway address, DNS servers) from the ISP so if you restart the router (so it picks up any changes the ISP has made to its network) and then ping test 8.8.8.8 (which is Google's DNS server which should be always up) from the diagnostic page, then failure indicates your internet connection is stuffed and rules out any local LAN misconfiguration.

I'd be passing that evidence to the ISP.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DI-524 router problem

Hello all, I recently bought D-link (DI-524) router and I have following problem. I setup the network and its running smoothly no problem.. but there is a minor problem that I need to solve. Users can access each other documents etc. but they cannot access each other trough web browser using IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
1 Replies

2. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

4. Slackware

Slackware router problem

I have a Slackware box that I've set up as a router for my home network. It does that and zoneminder and that's pretty much it. It's worked fine for a few years doing this until today. Today the power went out and the UPS could only keep this machine up for about 45 mins before it ran out of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orsty9001
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Upload problem with traffic shaping though a Linux router.

So I want to limit the download and upload speed of a specific ip adress in a local network. To do this I are using a bach script running in a linux OS (Ubuntu 11.04). The issue here is that the upload shaper does not work. I have tried an alternate solution aswell though that does not work as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: martio09
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Dual Router (routing problem)

This is the network configuration I have: +-------------------------------------------------+ +===========+ | | | | | INTERNET |---| LINUXBOX2 | ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matteo
4 Replies

7. Hardware

Netgear C3700 Modem Router Problem

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about how these routers work.. I bought a Netgear C3700 modem router on eBay about a month ago and couldn't get it to broadcast internet, neither wired nor wireless. When I plug it in and turn it on, all lights come on, but the internet light keeps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
2 Replies
Router::Simple(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Router::Simple(3pm)

NAME
Router::Simple - simple HTTP router SYNOPSIS
use Router::Simple; my $router = Router::Simple->new(); $router->connect('/', {controller => 'Root', action => 'show'}); $router->connect('/blog/{year}/{month}', {controller => 'Blog', action => 'monthly'}); my $app = sub { my $env = shift; if (my $p = $router->match($env)) { # $p = { controller => 'Blog', action => 'monthly', ... } } else { [404, [], ['not found']]; } }; DESCRIPTION
Router::Simple is a simple router class. Its main purpose is to serve as a dispatcher for web applications. Router::Simple can match against PSGI $env directly, which means it's easy to use with PSGI supporting web frameworks. HOW TO WRITE A ROUTING RULE
plain string $router->connect( '/foo', { controller => 'Root', action => 'foo' } ); :name notation $router->connect( '/wiki/:page', { controller => 'WikiPage', action => 'show' } ); ... $router->match('/wiki/john'); # => {controller => 'WikiPage', action => 'show', page => 'john' } ':name' notation matches qr{([^/]+)}. '*' notation $router->connect( '/download/*.*', { controller => 'Download', action => 'file' } ); ... $router->match('/download/path/to/file.xml'); # => {controller => 'Download', action => 'file', splat => ['path/to/file', 'xml'] } '*' notation matches qr{(.+)}. You will get the captured argument as an array ref for the special key "splat". '{year}' notation $router->connect( '/blog/{year}', { controller => 'Blog', action => 'yearly' } ); ... $router->match('/blog/2010'); # => {controller => 'Blog', action => 'yearly', year => 2010 } '{year}' notation matches qr{([^/]+)}, and it will be captured. '{year:[0-9]+}' notation $router->connect( '/blog/{year:[0-9]+}/{month:[0-9]{2}}', { controller => 'Blog', action => 'monthly' } ); ... $router->match('/blog/2010/04'); # => {controller => 'Blog', action => 'monthly', year => 2010, month => '04' } You can specify regular expressions in named captures. regexp $router->connect( qr{/blog/(d+)/([0-9]{2})', { controller => 'Blog', action => 'monthly' } ); ... $router->match('/blog/2010/04'); # => {controller => 'Blog', action => 'monthly', splat => [2010, '04'] } You can use Perl5's powerful regexp directly, and the captured values are stored in the special key "splat". METHODS
my $router = Router::Simple->new(); Creates a new instance of Router::Simple. $router->connect([$name, ] $pattern, \%destination[, \%options]) Adds a new rule to $router. $router->connect( '/', { controller => 'Root', action => 'index' } ); $router->connect( 'show_entry', '/blog/:id', { controller => 'Blog', action => 'show' } ); $router->connect( '/blog/:id', { controller => 'Blog', action => 'show' } ); $router->connect( '/comment', { controller => 'Comment', action => 'new_comment' }, {method => 'POST'} ); "\%destination" will be used by match method. You can specify some optional things to "\%options". The current version supports 'method', 'host', and 'on_match'. method 'method' is an ArrayRef[String] or String that matches REQUEST_METHOD in $req. host 'host' is a String or Regexp that matches HTTP_HOST in $req. on_match $r->connect( '/{controller}/{action}/{id}', {}, { on_match => sub { my($env, $match) = @_; $match->{referer} = $env->{HTTP_REFERER}; return 1; } } ); A function that evaluates the request. Its signature must be "($environ, $match) => bool". It should return true if the match is successful or false otherwise. The first arg is $env which is either a PSGI environment or a request path, depending on what you pass to "match" method; the second is the routing variables that would be returned if the match succeeds. The function can modify $env (in case it's a reference) and $match in place to affect which variables are returned. This allows a wide range of transformations. $router->submapper($path, [\%dest, [\%opt]]) $router->submapper('/entry/', {controller => 'Entry'}) This method is shorthand for creating new instance of Router::Simple::Submapper. The arguments will be passed to "Router::Simple::SubMapper->new(%args)". $match = $router->match($env|$path) Matches a URL against one of the contained routes. The parameter is either a PSGI $env or a plain string that represents a path. This method returns a plain hashref that would look like: { controller => 'Blog', action => 'daily', year => 2010, month => '03', day => '04', } It returns undef if no valid match is found. my ($match, $route) = $router->routematch($env|$path); Match a URL against against one of the routes contained. Will return undef if no valid match is found, otherwise a result hashref and a Router::Simple::Route object is returned. $router->as_string() Dumps $router as string. Example output: home GET / blog_monthly GET /blog/{year}/{month} GET /blog/{year:d{1,4}}/{month:d{2}}/{day:dd} POST /comment GET / AUTHOR
Tokuhiro Matsuno <tokuhirom AAJKLFJEF GMAIL COM> THANKS TO
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa Shawn M Moore routes.py <http://routes.groovie.org/>. SEE ALSO
Router::Simple is inspired by routes.py <http://routes.groovie.org/>. Path::Dispatcher is similar, but so complex. Path::Router is heavy. It depends on Moose. HTTP::Router has many deps. It is not well documented. HTTPx::Dispatcher is my old one. It does not provide an OOish interface. THANKS TO
DeNA LICENSE
Copyright (C) Tokuhiro Matsuno This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-15 Router::Simple(3pm)