Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Error starting terminal in Ubuntu 14.04.3 Post 302955102 by cmccabe on Monday 14th of September 2015 03:23:44 PM
Old 09-14-2015
I am not sure what you mean as I do not know what file to use. Thank you Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

splashy starting up error

Hi eveyone and Happy Holidays, My problem is starting splashy in fedora 8 what i have done is:- installed splashy with no errors edited grub removed rhgb and added quiet vga=791 splash set default theme with command splashy_config -s default no errors added /sbin/splashy boot in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display message when starting a terminal

Hello all, I would like a message to be displayed on the shell when someone opens up the terminal - something like a welcome msg with date and time. I know how to do this by running the shell commands but dont know how to display it when a user opens up the terminal? Thanks in advance (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrudula009
27 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm unable to run Keyed List commands(in ubuntu's terminal and Evolane Tcl Engine)

I'm trying to run these commands (keylset,keylget) but i keep getting a error message "invalid command name "keylset"". I've tried running it on both ubuntu's terminal and also Evolane Tcl Engine. Any idea what could be the problem? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abe171
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting terminal with shortcut key combination

How can the shortcut keys be defined that would open up a terminal window? When using a kvm switch, the mouse sometimes does not work, but the keyboard does, and by opening up a terminal window using a shortcut key combination, the mouse can be restarted by entering the predefined mouserestart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

How to prompt for login on OSX when starting Terminal

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to log back in to unix after logging out. I have a MBPro. If I don't have the window close after exiting, then there is the phrase 'process completed' in brackets with a blinking cursor, but I can't type anything in. Is it also possible to start the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

'Starting up partitioner' freezes during Ubuntu Server install

Here's my hardware: GA-880GA-UD3H(rev. 2.2) Had Ubuntu 11.04 server running with 6 Seagate 1TB ST31000524AS drives. Was NOT using the 2 white gigabyte sata ports, only blue. (8 sata ports total on MB) 1x IDE DVD-ROM (For Ubuntu Server Install disk) I was trying to upgrade to use all SATA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorewap3
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Start X Server without starting a terminal

when I run C:\cygwin\bin\run C:\cygwin\bin\startxwin.exe it fires up a terminal by default. Can I eliminate that terminal and start the x server as a service silently and sits in my status bar just there? Thanks Jack (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Error when starting apache

Due to an activity scheduled on the server, I had stop the apache process and then restart when the activity completed. The activity started at 9am and ended around 9 pm. To list the apache processes that were running on the server before I stopped it, I used ps -ef | grep apache, and these were... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pgrep for processes which are not associated with a terminal in Ubuntu

I would like to find all of the PIDs of processes which are not associated with a terminal and started by CRON. When I do the ps aux | less command, I see in the TTY field a lot of processes with ? character I would like to get those processes ID, is there a way to do that with pgrep? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASF Studio
1 Replies
SYNCPACKAGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SYNCPACKAGE(1)

NAME
syncpackage - copy source packages from Debian to Ubuntu SYNOPSIS
syncpackage [options] <.dsc URL/path or package name> DESCRIPTION
syncpackage causes a source package to be copied from Debian to Ubuntu. syncpackage allows you to upload files with the same checksums of the Debian ones, as the common script used by Ubuntu archive administra- tors does, this way you can preserve source files integrity between the two distributions. syncpackage will detect source tarballs with mismatching checksums, and can perform fake syncs. WARNING
The use of syncpackage --no-lp, which generates a changes file to be directly uploaded to the Ubuntu primary archive or a PPA, is discour- aged by the Ubuntu Archive Administrators, as it introduces an unnecessary window for error. This only exists for backward compatibility, for unusual corner cases (such as fakesyncs), and for uploads to archives other than the Ubuntu primary archive. Omitting this option will cause Launchpad to perform the sync request directly, which is the preferred method for uploads to the Ubuntu primary archive. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help message and exit -d DIST, --distribution=DIST Debian distribution to sync from. Default is testing during LTS cycles, and unstable otherwise. -r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Specify target Ubuntu release. Default: current development release. -V DEBVERSION, --debian-version=DEBVERSION Specify the version to sync from. -c COMPONENT, --component=COMPONENT Specify the component to sync from. -b BUG, --bug=BUG Mark a Launchpad bug as being fixed by this upload. -s USERNAME, --sponsor=USERNAME Sponsor the sync for USERNAME (a Launchpad username). -v, --verbose Display more progress information. -F, --fakesync Perform a fakesync, to work around a tarball mismatch between Debian and Ubuntu. This option ignores blacklisting, and performs a local sync. It implies --no-lp, and will leave a signed .changes file for you to upload. -f, --force Force sync over the top of Ubuntu changes. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. -l INSTANCE, --lpinstance=INSTANCE Launchpad instance to connect to (default: production). --simulate Show what would be done, but don't actually do it. LOCAL SYNC PREPARATION OPTIONS
Options that only apply when using --no-lp: --no-lp Construct sync locally, rather than letting Launchpad copy the package directly. It will leave a signed .changes file for you to upload. See the WARNING above. -n UPLOADER_NAME, --uploader-name=UPLOADER_NAME Use UPLOADER_NAME as the name of the maintainer for this upload instead of evaluating DEBFULLNAME and UBUMAIL. This option may only be used in --no-lp mode. -e UPLOADER_EMAIL, --uploader-email=UPLOADER_EMAIL Use UPLOADER_EMAIL as the email address of the maintainer for this upload instead of evaluating DEBEMAIL and UBUMAIL. This option may only be used in --no-lp mode. -k KEYID, --key=KEYID Specify the key ID to be used for signing. --dont-sign Do not sign the upload. -d DEBIAN_MIRROR, --debian-mirror=DEBIAN_MIRROR Use the specified mirror. Should be in the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian. If the package isn't found on this mirror, syncpack- age will fall back to the default mirror. -s UBUNTU_MIRROR, --debsec-mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Debian security mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mirror, syncpackage will fall back to the default mirror. ENVIRONMENT
DEBFULLNAME, DEBEMAIL, UBUMAIL Used to determine the uploader (if not supplied as options). See ubuntu-dev-tools(5) for details. All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. SYNCPACKAGE_DEBIAN_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The default value for --debian-mirror. SYNCPACKAGE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The default value for --ubuntu-mirror. SYNCPACKAGE_KEYID, UBUNTUTOOLS_KEYID The default value for --key. SEE ALSO
requestsync(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
syncpackage was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@canonical.com> and Benjamin Drung <bdrung@ubuntu.com>. This manual page were written by Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@ubuntu.com> Both are released under GNU General Public License, version 3. ubuntu-dev-tools June 2010 SYNCPACKAGE(1)