Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HELP - NEED Small Script ( or single awk Command) Post 302955092 by Nagarjuna4347 on Monday 14th of September 2015 02:54:06 PM
Old 09-14-2015
Thanks a lot Ravinder

One more thing to mention , apologies I was not clear earlier about my requirement

there is a date on the file , if you notice CODS_ACTMZ*20150911 , which need to be variable mate
Directory will have files of many dates

Basically , small script requirement when passed date as parameter should give following result... Can you please help me with small script? and then below result should be writting into a text file as output

Code:
CODS_ACTMZ_REF_NHA_ALL_<date i am passing>.TXT <size> <date i am passing again> <Hardcode values based on file like Account/Transacions>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to debug a small shell script (maybe AWK problem)?

Hi Buddies, The following is shell scripts which was borrowed from linux box for load average check. it runs good. (this structure is simple, when load average is too high, it will send alert to user) #!/usr/bin/ksh # Set threshold for 1, 5 and 15 minture load avarage # configured for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk script, changing the FS for a single variable

Hi all, im new to awk and would apreciate if you could tell me how to do this, i have a file with several entries like this: 2008-09-09 21:57:45 44 403 CUSTOM_EVENT Upgrade - end1 2008-09-09 21:57:46 45 403 CUSTOM_EVENT Component Check - start... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pipes toward a single awk command

Hello, I would like to pipe two variables into awk, but I don't know how to do. Each variable, "a" and "b", are in fact a list of data. They are not files. So to get awk to work with it I am using: echo $a | awk 'FNR==NR{print $1}FNR!=NR{print $4}' The above works, but when I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, perl Script for processing a single line text file

I need a script to process a huge single line text file: The sample of the text is: "forward_inline_item": "Inline", "options_region_Australia": "Australia", "server_event_err_msg": "There was an error attempting to save", "Token": "Yes", "family": "Family","pwd_login_tab": "Enter Your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmsadiq
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use single quotes for SQL command in shell script

Hi. please help me to write the following query in a shell script. the Query is :select no,salary from emp_info where name='$var_name' the following is my code. #! /bin/sh var_name=$1 sqlplus -s user/pwd@DB << EOF select no,salary from emp_info where name="'$var_name'";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to alias an awk command with single and double quotes?

Hi, I am trying to write the following command as an alias in my .bashrc file. bjobs -u all | awk '{if (NR > 1) {username++;}}END{{print"\nJOBS BY USER:\n"} for (i in username) {print username,i;}{print"\n Total Jobs=",NR-1,"\n" }}' The command simply puts how many jobs each user is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacekmaciek
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single output of awk script processing multiple files

Helllo UNIX Forum :) Since I am posting on this board, yes, I am new to UNIX! I read a copy of "UNIX made easy" from 1990, which felt like a making a "computer-science time jump" backwards ;) So, basically I have some sort of understanding what the basic concept is. Problem Description:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kasimir
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

small sed script on command line.

Can anyone help me get this small sed script to work in shell on the command line? I need it in a one liner really as i want to edit many scripts in a for loop and dont want to have to invoke a separate script each time. #!/bin/sh sed '/mailx\ -s.*$ { i\ #Comment above mailx line ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavascript
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require single command to start script in multiple servers

I have 9 servers, on each server a script with common name is available. I send a token file to all server from 1 particular server. so when a daemon job checks that token file is available then it triggers the script.. I want to know is there any command or script which I will run/execute on... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
16 Replies
BATTERY-GRAPH(1)					      General Commands Manual						  BATTERY-GRAPH(1)

NAME
battery-graph - Show a graph of the battery charge SYNOPSIS
battery-graph [options] [files...] DESCRIPTION
Show a graph of the battery charge over time. The files given are assumed to contain battery statistics in the battery-stats(5) format. If no files are specified, the default log files will be used. The options can be used for displaying a different interval. An interval is defined in terms of a from timestamp, a to timestamp and a duration. By specifying any two, the third will be calculated automatically. A missing duration will be defaulted to 3 hours. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -g geometry, --geometry geometry Sets the X Windows geometry of the graph. This disables text mode. See X(7) for how to specify the geometry. -D display, --display display Shows the graph on the given display. The same effect can be achived by setting the DISPLAY environment variable. This disables text mode. See X(7) for valid values. --title string Sets the title of the graph window. By default this will be "Battery Graph". If this is set to the empty string, gnuplot(1) will be allowed set the window title - this can be useful if you want your ~/.Xdefaults to take effect for this. -f date, --from date Specifies the start date/time for the graph. This accepts exactly the same date/time specifications as the date (1) command - see examples below or the Texinfo manual for date for details. -t date, --to date Specifies the ending date/time for the graph. This accepts exactly the same date/time specifications as the date (1) command - see examples below or the Texinfo manual for date for details. -s date, --since date Shorthand for --from date --to now -d duration, --duration duration Specifies the duration for the graph. This can be given in units of seconds, hours, days or weeks by suffixing the number with 's' (seconds), 'm' (minutes), 'h' (hours), 'd' (days) or 'w' (weeks). Units cannot be combined - e.g. '1d6h' will not be valid, whereas '30h' is OK. If no unit is specified, minutes will be assumed. --text Shows the graph in text mode on stdout. The resulting size of the graph is determined by the values of the environment variables. LINES and COLUMNS (failing that, the output from tput will be used). This is the default when the environment variable DISPLAY is not set. EXAMPLES
Show the last 2 hours: $ battery-graph --duration 2h Show the time since mid day: $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --to now or $ battery-graph --since 12:00 Show the hour before last: $ battery-graph --from '2 hours ago' --duration 1h Show the 6 hours after noon: $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --duration 6h or $ battery-graph --from 12:00 --to 18:00 Show the last 6 hours $ battery-graph --from '6 hours ago' or $ battery-graph --since '6 hours ago' Show the last 30 minutes in text mode: $ battery-graph --duration 30 --text Show statistics for Tuesday last week $ battery-graph --duration 24h --from 'tuesday last week' or $ battery-graph --duration 1d --from 'tuesday last week' Prove that the future hasn't happened yet: $ battery-graph --from yesterday --to tomorrow Another way of wasting CPU cycles: $ battery-graph /dev/null EXIT STATUS
battery-graph depends on gnuplot (1) to give the correct exit status. FILES
If no files are given on the command line, batter-graph reads from /var/log/battery-stats ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY If this variable is not set, --text will be defaulted. LINES / COLUMNS Determines the size of the graph in text mode. DIAGNOSTICS
If there are no statistics available for the period chosen, an empty graph will result. NOTES
There is no requirement for the from time to be earlier than the to time - if so, the X axis will be reversed. Similar results can be achieved using a negative duration. Also: battery-stat is quite happy to list statistics in the future; stupid, but obedient. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
battery-stats (5), date (1), battery-stats-collector (8) Newer versions of this program may (or may not) be available at http://karl.jorgensen.com/battery-stats September 22, 2002 BATTERY-GRAPH(1)