Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Modifying properties to use scsi-3 reservation for disks with two paths in sun cluster Post 302954885 by hicksd8 on Saturday 12th of September 2015 05:05:22 AM
Old 09-12-2015
It depends on whether your SAN controller supports SCSI3 reservation irrespective of whether you have SCSI3 disks in the array. There may be a manufacturer's firmware upgrade.

You didn't answer my question as to what make/model the SAN is?

(Do you have two userid's on this forum? I started a dialogue with OP 'sb200' but now being answered by 'amity'.)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The difference between SCSI & IDE Hard disks.

Hello agian ! What is the difference between SCSI and IDE hard disks ? I have Intel PC and when i check i have Generic IDE TYPE DISK0 is IDE hard disk is ok for Solrais ? or should i buy the SCSI hard disk ? Thanks Abid Malik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
3 Replies

2. AIX

SCSI Disks

Hi Is it possible to install in p5 and pSeries SCSI Disks from SUN on DELL? Will they work? Regards, Pit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Reclaiming EMC disks after losing paths

First time writer....take it easy on me. I had a situation where I lost all paths to EMC disk. There was a failure on the EMC frame. After that was repaired, my server had a difficult time reclaiming all disks and veritas had marked the disks as failed. Veritas was confused. What are some of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
3 Replies

4. Linux

Modifying Linux in WesternDigital net disks

Hi, I am installing perl and rsnapshot on the OS of a Western Digital MyBook disk. To install perl the ./Configure command tells me that both 'tr' and 'split' are missing. I don't find them on the net. Where can I download them? Thanks. Charles. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosndup
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Unknown Disks "offline or reservation conflict"

Hi All, I am a RH Linux admin that recently started working at a company with a number of SUN Servers so it's been an interesting transition. Considering the last person left with very little documentation left behind so I have been picking up most issues half complete, or troubleshot. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileGSP
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX check SCSI reservation

Hi guys, I need some help to better understand how to determine if a disk have persistent SCSI reservation. I know that we should use the "Persisten Reservation Utility" but we are not allowed to run that tool. Since we have the output from some grab utility and specifically we have the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
0 Replies
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3) 			      gnutls				   gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)

NAME
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name - Get certificate's alternative name, if any SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/x509.h> int gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(gnutls_x509_crt_t cert, unsigned int seq, void * ret, size_t * ret_size, unsigned int * critical); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_x509_crt_t cert should contain a gnutls_x509_crt_t structure unsigned int seq specifies the sequence number of the alt name (0 for the first one, 1 for the second etc.) void * ret is the place where the alternative name will be copied to size_t * ret_size holds the size of ret. unsigned int * critical will be non zero if the extension is marked as critical (may be null) DESCRIPTION
This function will return the alternative names, contained in the given certificate. This is specified in X509v3 Certificate Extensions. GNUTLS will return the Alternative name (2.5.29.17), or a negative error code. When the SAN type is otherName, it will extract the data in the otherName's value field, and GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME is returned. You may use gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_othername_oid() to get the corresponding OID and the "virtual" SAN types (e.g., GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME_XMPP). If an otherName OID is known, the data will be decoded. Otherwise the returned data will be DER encoded, and you will have to decode it yourself. Currently, only the RFC 3920 id-on-xmppAddr SAN is recognized. RETURNS
the alternative subject name type on success, one of the enumerated gnutls_x509_subject_alt_name_t. It will return GNUTLS_E_SHORT_MEM- ORY_BUFFER if ret_size is not large enough to hold the value. In that case ret_size will be updated with the required size. If the cer- tificate does not have an Alternative name with the specified sequence number then GNUTLS_E_REQUESTED_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE is returned. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. gnutls 2.8.6 gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)