Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printf padded string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printf padded string Post 302954884 by sea on Saturday 12th of September 2015 01:10:17 AM
Old 09-12-2015
Just as my inital post here:
Change digits to 4, and change s to sk...
Code:
digits=4
printf "SK%0${digits}d\n" $numbers

Cheers n' good bye
This User Gave Thanks to sea For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: problems escaping printf-command string

Hi Folks! Can you help me with this find -printf command. I seem to be unable to execute the printf-command from my shell script. I'm confused: :confused: My shell script snippet looks like this: #!/bin/sh .. COMMAND="find ./* -printf '%p %m %s %u %g \n'" echo "Command: ${COMMAND}"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grahamb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf formatting using string format specifier.

Hi all, My simple AWK code does C = A - B If C can be a negative number, how awk printf formating handles it using string format specifier. Thanks in advance Kanu :confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf with Character String

I am trying to use printf with a character string that is used within a do loop. The problem is that while in the loop, the printf prints the variable name instead of the value. The do loop calls the variable name from a text file (called device.txt): while read device do cat $device.clean... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dleblanc67
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help formatting a string. Something like printf?

Hi I'm having a problem with converting a file: ID X 1 7 1 8 1 3 2 5 2 7 2 2 To something like this: ID X1 X2 X3 1 7 8 3 2 5 7 2 I've tried the following loop: for i in `cat tst.csv| awk -F "," '{print $1}'| uniq`;do grep -h $i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explanation for printf string in awk

hi all can any one help me to understand this bdf -t vfxs | awk '/\//{printf("%-30s%-10s%-10s%-10s%-5s%-10s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6)}' i want to understand the numbers %-30S% (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String formatting using awk printf

Hi Friends, I am trying to insert lines of the below format in a file: # x3a4914 Joe 2010/04/07 # seh Lane 2010/04/07 # IN01379 Larry 2010/04/07 I am formatting the strings as follows using awk printf: awk 'printf "# %s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a string using printf?

I want to print a string say "str1 str2 str3 str4" using printf. If I try printing it using printf it is printing as follows. output ------- str1 str2 str3 str4 btw I'm working in AIX. This is my first post in this forum :) regards, rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigmatrix
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf question: getting padded zero in decimal plus floating point together.

Hi Experts, Quick question: I am trying to get the output with decimal and floating point but not working: echo "20.03" | awk '{printf "%03d.2f\n" , $0 }' 020.2f How to get the output as : 020.03 Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to match string within awk printf

Hi All I am working to process txt file into csv commo separated. Input.txt 1,2,asdf,34sdsd,120,haahha2 2,2,wewedf,45sdsd,130,haahha ..... .... Errorcode.txt 120 130 140 myawk.awk code: { BEGIN{ HEADER="f1,f2,f3,f4,f5,f6" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf or any other method to put long string of spec characters - passing passwords

Hello, I am looking for a method to use in my bash script which allows me to use long strings with all special characters. I have found that printf method could be helpful for me but unfortunately, when I trying root@machine:~# tevar=`printf "%s%c"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elxa1
2 Replies
CheckDigits::M11_016(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 CheckDigits::M11_016(3pm)

NAME
CheckDigits::M11_016 - compute check digits vor VAT Registration Number (PL) SYNOPSIS
use Algorithm::CheckDigits; $ustid = CheckDigits('ustid_pl'); if ($ustid->is_valid('13669598')) { # do something } $cn = $ustid->complete('1366959'); # $cn = '13669598' $cd = $ustid->checkdigit('13669598'); # $cd = '8' $bn = $ustid->basenumber('13669598'); # $bn = '1366959'; DESCRIPTION
ALGORITHM 1. Beginning left every digit is weighted with 7,9,10,5,8,4,2. 2. The weighted digits are added. 3. The sum from step 2 is taken modulo 11. 4. The checkdigit is 11 minus the sum from step 3. Is the difference 10, the number won't be taken. If the difference is 11, the checkdigit is 0. METHODS is_valid($number) Returns true only if $number consists solely of numbers and hyphens and the two digits in the middle are valid check digits according to the algorithm given above. Returns false otherwise, complete($number) The check digit for $number is computed and inserted into the middle of $number. Returns the complete number with check digit or '' if $number does not consist solely of digits, hyphens and spaces. basenumber($number) Returns the basenumber of $number if $number has a valid check digit. Return '' otherwise. checkdigit($number) Returns the check digits of $number if $number has valid check digits. Return '' otherwise. EXPORT None by default. AUTHOR
Mathias Weidner, <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> SEE ALSO
perl, CheckDigits, www.pruefziffernberechnung.de, perl v5.10.0 2008-05-17 CheckDigits::M11_016(3pm)