Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Permanently set maxdata to maximum Post 302954549 by kprajesh on Wednesday 9th of September 2015 01:35:44 AM
Old 09-09-2015
Thank you Michael for the quick reply.
In the case of my binary, the amount of memory that is consumed will increase when the load on it goes high. So I thought of setting the maximum memory. So was wondering if this idea is good. Please suggest.
Michale when you said "It depends", could you please be elaborate?

ps: I'm aware of using ldedit as well.

-KPRajesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compatibilty with MAXDATA machines

hi, I'm thinking of buying a Maxdata laptop 3100x. Only problem is that I'll need to run LINUX on it, and I've been warned that some machines don't run UNIX due to problems with their graphics cards. I contacted Maxdata, who say they've never tested their machines for UNIX-compatibility, which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perturbed
1 Replies

2. AIX

I can not increase the maxdata to 2 G.B

Please can anyone help me in my problem my problem is i have AIX 5.3 and We need 1 GB of data segment size available and we found To set the data segment size to 1 GB, set the LDR_CNTRL variable to LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x40000000@DSA. But after we set it and check with command “$ dump -X64 -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghazaly
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx browser set permanently option

hi all, is there somebody that know how can I set an permanently option for the lynx text browser? The reason is if I open some URL's and type my login infos then lynx show follow message: P)roceed, use G)ET or C)ancel Server asked for 301 redirection of POST content to URL: The UNIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How do i permanently set bash profile??

Hi all, I don't want to enter below command on solaris every time. How do i permanently set this command on Solaris. I know that this operation is a piece of cake on redhat because there is a /etc/rc.local file on it. But Solaris ???? bash-3.00#export PS1="\e (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

set device mode permanently with udev rule

On a test server running CentOS 6, I try to permanently set the owner, group and mode of disk devices for use with a DB2 database. For this I created an udev rule file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-db2.rules: KERNEL=="sdb*", OWNER="db2usrl1", GROUP="db2adml1", MODE="0600" After a reboot, the owner and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Change service name permanently

Hi, Since everything is doable in Linux so far, what is the ability of changing a spicifc service name permanently. e.g. I want to change the network service name to connection, so I can use chkconfig command as follow: chkconfig connection off --level 5 # for disabling network service in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set maximum memory for user

Hi, I have as Solaris 10 (x86) system. I want to set the maximum memory for the user But the following comaand is valid only till next reboot.Pls let me know how to make it permanenent. prctl -n project.max-shm-memory -r -v 4G -i project 3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Set autolist permanently

Hi , How to set autolist permanently in Solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.padhiyar
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
COMEDI_SET_GLOBAL_OO(3) 					 Comedi reference					   COMEDI_SET_GLOBAL_OO(3)

NAME
comedi_set_global_oor_behavior - out-of-range behavior SYNOPSIS
#include <comedilib.h> enum comedi_oor_behavior comedi_set_global_oor_behavior(enum comedi_oor_behavior behavior); DESCRIPTION
This function changes the Comedilib out-of-range behavior. This currently affects the behavior of comedi_to_phys when converting endpoint sample values, that is, sample values equal to 0 or maxdata. If the out-of-range behavior is set to COMEDI_OOR_NAN, endpoint values are converted to NAN. If the out-of-range behavior is set to COMEDI_OOR_NUMBER, the endpoint values are converted similarly to other values. RETURN VALUE
The previous out-of-range behavior is returned. AUTHORS
David Schleef <ds@schleef.org> Author. Frank Mori Hess <fmhess@users.sourceforge.net> Author. Herman Bruyninckx <Herman.Bruyninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be> Author. Bernd Porr <tech@linux-usb-daq.co.uk> Author. Ian Abbott <abbotti@mev.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998-2003 David Schleef Copyright (C) 2001-2003, 2005, 2008 Frank Mori Hess Copyright (C) 2002-2003 Herman Bruyninckx Copyright (C) 2012 Bernd Porr Copyright (C) 2012 Ian Abbott This document is part of Comedilib. In the context of this document, the term "source code" as defined by the license is interpreted as the XML source. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 2.1 of the License. This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA. Comedi 07/06/2012 COMEDI_SET_GLOBAL_OO(3)