Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions How to check if the folders in mounted on which partition? Post 302954545 by sea on Wednesday 9th of September 2015 12:57:39 AM
Old 09-09-2015
Hello alvinoo

You mount a partition to a folder.
WIthin that folder, you create another folder, to which you may mount another partition.

However, one of these to get started or please be more specific:
Code:
mount
lsblk
gdisk -l /dev/sda
cat /etc/fstab

hth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

/ partition is mounted but not present in mount

Hello , I 've got a problem with the root partition on my SCO 5.0.5 . When I check the disk with df or mount , I can 't see the root filesystem . # mount /stand on /dev/boot read only on Tue Sep 05 16:13:51 2006 /home on /dev/home read/write on Tue Sep 05 16:14:41 2006 But , if I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris10:How to check where /usr are really mounted

How can I check which partition /usr are mounted on ? Usually this is mounted on root (/). If I want to move /usr to another partition, how do I do this ? BR Ludwig (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ludwig
1 Replies

3. Solaris

swap partition showing mounted in df -h

Dear All Anyone can help me what is the problem of swap partition? swap partition is showing mounted in df -h command output. Regards prakash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display partition name on mounted on using this script

Hi All Guys.... root> df -k|grep /u0 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u02vol 12582912 8717924 3744252 70% /u02 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u01vol 8796160 5563610 3131556 64% /u01 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u04vol 10035200 1247888 8519534 13% /u04 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u03vol 12582912 2524060 9744542 21% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash?

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash? And when is $? variable one? Please give example. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy User home folders to mounted windows share

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if NAS filesystem is mounted

Anyone know the best way to check and see if a NAS filesystem is mounted on a linux box. I have no idea where to start :wall:. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d3mon_spawn
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Check mounted filesystems

Hi, Please help me to tell How to check mounted filesystems for any inconsistency. Can I run fsck -m /dev/rdsk/cntndnsn for this? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manmohan Mishra
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with code to check if file systems are mounted

Hi I need to have a piece of code that check if all file systems are mounted or not. I have to pieces of information like the output of the bdfcommand, and the file /etc/fstab. The first is: bdf Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 2097152 266656... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if file systems are mounted

Hi I have the following piece of code, running on a solaris 10 O.S., that is not working for NFS file systems: for vol in `grep -E 'vxfs|ufs|nfs' /etc/vfstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if df -k $vol | grep $vol > /dev/null then outputOK "Filesystem: $vol mounted" else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)