Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password for Firmware woes!
Operating Systems AIX Password for Firmware woes! Post 302954536 by Box_the_Jack_in on Tuesday 8th of September 2015 07:47:28 PM
Old 09-08-2015
Password firmware woes!

Hi Michael, I'll let you know as I haven't got around to doing it as I've been so run down.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDROM Woes

Have a Sun CDROM connected to a Ultra machine . Problem is it is not recognizing the drive being connected to it ... When i put the CD in the drive it accepts the CD and zooms initially then quitens out .. The devices drivers are also not created for it ... Any ideas anyone ... I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Remote CD woes

Good Day, I've remotely mounted a cdrom (no problems theere). The kicker is I can see the directories on the remote CD bout I can't see the files. What am I doing wrong? I'm logged in as root on both systems. All the permissions seem okay - what am I missing? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg69
2 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgadd woes

Morning all, I am attempting to load a package from a Solaris 8 CDROM. This fails with the error : "pkgadd: ERROR: unable to access pkgmap file </cdrom/ .........../SUNWlibC/pkgmap> No changes were made to the system" Any help would be appreciated Andy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyD
6 Replies

4. Solaris

SSH woes

version of solaris: SunOS 5.8 Generic-117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-240 version of SSH: OpenSSH_4.4p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006 Task: I need to have another Machine ssh into my machine, by either RSA authentication or username/pass authentication. History: In the begining my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EWTGPAC
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Firmware password

Hi: I have a Sun Blade 1500 and when I do the Jumpstart with command "boot net - install" asking for the password of the firmware and I was not that password. There any way to reset this password. Thank you very much (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ea1fch
7 Replies

6. Solaris

OpenBoot Firmware Password Recovery

So in the group of boxes I've inherited, I have one that has a firmware password. I do not know the root password of the machine nor the firmware password. I've tried several things already, such as: removing BIOS battery, double tap the power switch, and several variants of the STOP-A on a PC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Locale woes

Greetings Forumers! I've been fighting a locale problem on a v490 running Solaris 10 u4 (8/07). When I login to the system, I get several "locale" error messages: user1's password: Last login: Wed May 26 2010 09:14:13 -0400 from system1 You have mail. couldn't set locale correctly couldn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Firmware password Solaris Sun Fire v440

Hi: I bougth an used Sun Fire v440, and It have a firmware password. When I turn on the server, it ask for firmware password. (I don 't know what is the correct password). I can access to SC, but when I want to access to OBP, Firmware Password appears again. I remove the battery for two hours,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mguazzardo
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Jumpstart woes

Hey, I have been battling with jumpstart for the past few days. Interface nxge0 is set on a vlan: nxge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 0.0.0.0 netmask ff000000 ether 0:21:28:3c:a0:6 nxge998000:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stantonnet
0 Replies

10. AIX

Samba Woes

Hi all With the recent virus attacks we have been tasked with upgrading Samba to a "secure" version. Currently running 3.0.29a and looking to put the latest version down 4.6.5. Being a lazy bod I have only ever installed this, a long time ago, when you could get it in BFF filesets. Have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splattty
6 Replies
PM-POWERSAVE(8) 					       pm-utils User Manual						   PM-POWERSAVE(8)

NAME
pm-powersave - Put your computer into low power mode SYNOPSIS
pm-powersave [{true | false}] [--help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pm-powersave command. pm-powersave can be used to set your system into low power mode. OPTIONS
true Put the computer into low power mode to reduce energy consumption and extend your laptop's battery life. false Turn off low power mode. --help Show the help. FILES
/etc/pm/power.d/, /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/ When you run pm-powersave it combines the scripts in these two directories and executes them in sorted order. If both directories contain a script with the same name, the one in /etc/pm/power.d/ has a higher precedence and only this one will be executed. Therefore to disable a script from /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d/ simply create an empty file in /etc/pm/power.d/ with the same name and without the executable bit set. SEE ALSO
pm-suspend(8), pm-hibernate(8) AUTHOR
Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Michael Biebl This manual page was originally written for the Debian(TM) system, and has been adopted by the pm-utils project. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. pm-powersave Mar 5, 2007 PM-POWERSAVE(8)