Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Running a script using another script Post 302954504 by charanarjun on Tuesday 8th of September 2015 03:54:21 PM
Old 09-08-2015
Hi Sea ,

Thanks for your replay.

But my requirement is to enter multiple inputs . First i need to enter 7 and then i need to enter "c" so may times . so i used while loop as YES command is not working in my O.S.
This is the flow. first i will give 7 as input (only once)and then "c" as input(nearly 30 times) . But the below command is not working ,it is asking for the option 7 to enter .
Can anyone help in this . Any small mistakes like spaces or changing brackets ?/

Code:
{ echo 7; while [1]; do echo c;done;} | start_up

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop a script running in remote server from local script

Hi, I have googled for quite some time and couldn't able to get what exactly I am looking for.. My query is "how to stop a shell script which is running inside a remote server, using a script"??? can any one give some suggestions to sort this out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a BATCH script from my korn script with multiparameters

I've this BATCH script to run from my korn script... The command is /usr/local/BATCH/runBatch.sh PARAM1 'PARAM2 -PARAM21 PARAM22' (runBatch takes parameter 1 = PARAM1 parameter 2 = 'PARAM2 -PARAM21 PARAM22' ) If i run this command from command line it just runs fine... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a unix script(which is calling another script inside that) in background

Hi all, I am having a script ScriptA which is calling a script ScriptB in the same server and copying files to second server and have to execute one script ScriptC in the second server. THis First script ScriptA is the main script and i have to execute this process continously. for Keeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohithji
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script from if block inside another script

how do i run a script from if block inside another script? this is what i tried but it doesnt seem to work: if test $a -eq $w then sh /home/scripts/script1.bash fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for reading logs of a script running on other UNIX server

Hi, I have a script, running on some outside firwall server and it's log of success or failure is maintained in a file. I want to write a script which ftp that server and reads that file and checks the logs and if failure , I will send mail notification. Please let meknow if I am not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vandana.parwani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script in system() call and want the script's output

Hi All, I have a script(sample.sh) displaying the output of "dd" command. Now i am using this script in system() call as, system("sh sample.sh") in an application file. I want the output of system("sh sample.sh") in the application file itself. How can i get it? Many thnaks.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script to check if script itself is running

hi guys we've had nagios spewing false alarm (for the umpteenth time) and finally the customer had enough so they're starting to question nagios. we had the check interval increased from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, but that's just temporary solution. I'm thinking of implementing a script on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies
GROFF_TRACE(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					    GROFF_TRACE(7)

NAME
groff_trace - groff macro package trace.tmac SYNOPSIS
groff -m trace [options...] [files...] Elements in brackets denote optional arguments, and the ellipsis means that there can be any number of arguments of this kind. DESCRIPTION
The trace macro package of groff(1) can be a valuable tool for debugging documents written in the roff formatting language. A call stack trace is protocolled on standard error, that means, a diagnostic message is emitted on entering and exiting of a macro call. This greatly eases to track down an error in some macro. This tracing process is activated by specifying the groff or troff command line option -m trace. This works also with the groffer(1) viewer program. A finer control can be obtained by including the macro file within the document by the groff macro call .mso trace.tmac. Only macros that are defined after this line are traced. If some other macro package should be traced as well it must be specified after -m trace on the command line. The macro file trace.tmac is unusual because it does not contain any macros to be called by a user. Instead, the existing macro definition and appending facilities are modified such that they display diagnostic messages. EXAMPLES
In the following examples, a roff fragment is fed into groff via standard input. As we are only interested in the diagnostic messages (standard error) on the terminal, the normal formatted output (standard output) is redirected into the nirvana device /dev/null. The resulting diagnostic messages are displayed directly below the corresponding example. Command line option sh# echo '. > .de test_macro > .. > .test_macro > .test_macro some dummy arguments > ' | groff -m trace >/dev/null *** de trace enter: test_macro *** trace exit: test_macro *** de trace enter: test_macro "some" "dummy" "arguments" *** trace exit: test_macro "some" "dummy" "arguments" The entry and the exit of each macro call is displayed on the terminal (standard output) -- together with the arguments (if any). Nested macro calls sh# echo '. > .de child > .. > .de parent > .child > .. > .parent > ' | groff -m trace >/dev/null *** de trace enter: parent *** de trace enter: child *** trace exit: child *** trace exit: parent This shows that macro calls can be nested. This powerful feature can help to tack down quite complex call stacks. Activating with .mso sh# echo '. > .de before > .. > .mso trace.tmac > .de after > .. > .before > .after > .before > ' | groff >/dev/null *** de trace enter: after *** trace exit: after Here, the tracing is activated within the document, not by a command line option. As tracing was not active when macro before was defined, no call of this macro is protocolled; on the other hand, the macro after is fully protocolled. FILES
The trace macros are kept in the file trace.tmac located in the tmac directory; see groff_tmac(5) for details. ENVIRONMENT
$GROFF_TMAC_PATH A colon-separated list of additional tmac directories in which to search for macro files; see groff_tmac(5) for details. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This document is distributed under the terms of the FDL (GNU Free Documentation License) version 1.1 or later. You should have received a copy of the FDL on your system, it is also available on-line at the GNU copyleft site <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html>. This document is part of groff, the GNU roff distribution. It was written by Bernd Warken <bwarken@mayn.de>. SEE ALSO
groff(1) An overview of the groff system. troff(1) For details on option -m. groffer(1) A viewer program for all kinds of roff documents. groff_tmac(5) A general description of groff macro packages. groff(7) A short reference for the groff formatting language. A complete reference for all parts of the groff system is found in the groff info(1) file. Groff Version 1.19.2 18 July 2003 GROFF_TRACE(7)