Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Does rsync check and ignore files that already exist? Post 302954448 by newbie_01 on Tuesday 8th of September 2015 05:34:36 AM
Old 09-08-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcox
rsync is pretty smart. If all that changes is the meta data (like times), a full copy isn't done if the content is the same. For speed rsync by default looks at time and size to "skip" things it believes don't need to be examined further, but you can disable that with an option.

Thanks, had re-read the man page and I am able to test also using the -in dry run option.

I assume rsync will do a full-on sync between the source and destination. Quite embarrassing, I should have known it will consider the source as the 'master' and the destination as the 'slave'

Anyway, I am using rsync with the -niazv option and it starts as below:

Code:
sending incremental file list
.d..t...... ./
<f+++++++++ testdb_1_1.dbf

Do you know what the .d..t...... ./ mean? Just curious, whether it means this is the root/parent directory and it is skipping it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check a file exist and do a copy of other files

Hi, I would like to perform bash which would check the file A.txt to be size 0 or not. If the size is 0, I would copy file B.txt to replace A.txt. Please help. Thanks. -Jason (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if certain files exist in a directory, if not add name to a textfile

We recieve some logs on our windows box via FTP on a daily basis, in the same directory. I would like to check for missing logs files and add their name to a text file. Something like... Check if C:\logs\file1_currentdate exists (if not, add file1_currentdate to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the directory exist

I have the below script to check whether directory is exist or not , now I sure the directory /abc NOT exist , but when run the script , it still pop the result is "the directory exist" , could suggest what is wrong ? thx ll -d /abc > /dev/null 2>&1 if then echo "the directory exist !!" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check/wait for files to exist before continuing

I'm attempting to write a pretty simple script. It opens a Filemaker file successfully. That Filemaker file takes around 30-90 seconds to finish. When it's done, it writes a few .xml files into the same directory where my shell script and the Filemaker script reside. In my script, how can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alternapop
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignore fields to check in grep

Hi, I have a pipe delimited file. I am checking for junk characters ( non printable characters and unicode values). I am using the following code grep '' file.txt But i want to ignore the name fields. For example field2 is firstname so i want to ignore if the junk characters occur... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exist

Hi, I am trying to create a bash script which will check if file exist then remove that file else do nothing. I have to do same process for three files in same script. I have written code for one file and trying to run it. if then rm -r /user1/abc/File1 fi When I run this code it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palak08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check files if exist else touch the file

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I wrote the following code if then echo "version is 1.1" for i in "subscriber promplan mapping dedicatedaccount faflistSub faflistAcc accumulator pam_account" do FILE="SDP_DUMP_$i.csv" echo "$FILE" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync copy files if dont exist

I have a setup where I have two drives. TV TVbackup For what ever reason, I have a lot of content on my TVbackup drive which isn't on my TV drive. I want to copy all the files across which are on TVbackup but are not currently on TV. If there is a file with the same name but a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spadez
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync files check

Hello everybody, I sent some files a remote server using simple ssh command line: rsync -e 'ssh -p SSH-PORT' -vr --log-file=/var/log/rsync.log /home/USER/www/* USER@IP:/home/USER/www Then I would like to check if files in server1 are the same, file size check or any other way to make... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu Rayane
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if 10 files exist

Hi All, Whenever i get 10 files(file names like sales*) then another file need to create. May i know how to implement this in KSH. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddireddy
4 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_ticket (query|command) [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_ticket - Perform tasks related to cluster tickets. Allows ticket attributes to be queried, modified and deleted. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -Q, --quiet Print only the value on stdout -t, --ticket=value Ticket ID Queries: -l, --info Display the information of ticket(s) -L, --details Display the details of ticket(s) -w, --raw Display the IDs of ticket(s) -q, --query-xml Query the XML of ticket(s) -c, --constraints Display the rsc_ticket constraints that apply to ticket(s) Commands: -g, --grant Grant a ticket to this cluster site -r, --revoke Revoke a ticket from this cluster site -s, --standby Tell this cluster site this ticket is standby -a, --activate Tell this cluster site this ticket is active Advanced Commands: -G, --get-attr=value Display the named attribute for a ticket -S, --set-attr=value Set the named attribtue for a ticket -D, --delete-attr=value Delete the named attribute for a ticket -C, --cleanup Delete all state of a ticket at this cluster site Additional Options: -v, --attr-value=value Attribute value to use with -S -d, --default=value (Advanced) The default attribute value to display if none is found. For use with -G -f, --force (Advanced) Force the action to be performed -n, --set-name=value (Advanced) ID of the instance_attributes object to change -i, --nvpair=value (Advanced) ID of the nvpair object to change/delete EXAMPLES
Display the info of tickets: # crm_ticket --info Display the detailed info of tickets: # crm_ticket --details Display the XML of 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --query-xml Display the rsc_ticket constraints that apply to 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --constraints Grant 'ticketA' to this cluster site: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --grant Revoke 'ticketA' from this cluster site: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --revoke Make 'ticketA' standby: The cluster site will treat a granted 'ticketA' as 'standby'. The dependent resources will be stopped or demoted gracefully without trig- gering loss-policies # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --standby Activate 'ticketA' from being standby: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --activate Get the value of the 'granted' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --get-attr granted Set the value of the 'standby' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --set-attr standby --attr-value true Delete the 'granted' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --delete-attr granted Erase the operation history of 'ticketA' at this cluster site: The cluster site will 'forget' the existing ticket state. # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --cleanup AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)