Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ssh enforcement
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ssh enforcement Post 302954401 by RudiC on Monday 7th of September 2015 12:37:55 PM
Old 09-07-2015
Isn't the password defined on key creation? Not sure if you can enforce it there.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server wide password enforcement rules? 90 day force change.

Using Solaris 9 and 10. What we want to do is set up global rules for our password files to restrict all users, not only new ones set up with the rules but also the ones that have been sitting on the system for years. Is there a global way to force all users to change their password every 90... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to add register key on ssh server

Hi, I want to use ssh to add a register key on remote ssh server. Since there are space characters in my register key string, it always failed. If there is no space characters in the string, it worked fine. The following is what I have tried. It seems that "ssh" command doesn't care about double... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: leaftree
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh = ssh expect and keep everything not change include parameter postion

I have write a script which contains ssh -p 12345 dcplatform@10.125.42.50 ssh 127.0.0.1 -p 5555 "$CMD" ssh root@$GUEST_IP "$CMD" before I use public key, it works well, now I want to change to "expect", BUT I don't want to change above code and "parameter position" I can post a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find active SSH servers w/ ssh keys on LAN

Hi, I am trying to complete my bash script in order to find which SSH servers on LAN are still active with the ssh keys, but i am frozen at this step: #!/bin/bash # LAN SSH KEYS DISCOVERY SCRIPT </etc/passwd \ grep /bin/bash | cut -d: -f6 | sudo xargs -i -- sh -c ' && cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrius
11 Replies
PAM_PWHISTORY(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_PWHISTORY(8)

NAME
pam_pwhistory - PAM module to remember last passwords SYNOPSIS
pam_pwhistory.so [debug] [use_authtok] [enforce_for_root] [remember=N] [retry=N] [authtok_type=STRING] DESCRIPTION
This module saves the last passwords for each user in order to force password change history and keep the user from alternating between the same password too frequently. This module does not work together with kerberos. In general, it does not make much sense to use this module in conjunction with NIS or LDAP, since the old passwords are stored on the local machine and are not available on another machine for password history checking. OPTIONS
debug Turns on debugging via syslog(3). use_authtok When password changing enforce the module to use the new password provided by a previously stacked password module (this is used in the example of the stacking of the pam_cracklib module documented below). enforce_for_root If this option is set, the check is enforced for root, too. remember=N The last N passwords for each user are saved in /etc/security/opasswd. The default is 10. retry=N Prompt user at most N times before returning with error. The default is 1. authtok_type=STRING See pam_get_authtok(3) for more details. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the password module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTHTOK_ERR No new password was entered, the user aborted password change or new password couldn't be set. PAM_IGNORE Password history was disabled. PAM_MAXTRIES Password was rejected too often. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User is not known to system. EXAMPLES
An example password section would be: #%PAM-1.0 password required pam_pwhistory.so password required pam_unix.so use_authtok In combination with pam_cracklib: #%PAM-1.0 password required pam_cracklib.so retry=3 password required pam_pwhistory.so use_authtok password required pam_unix.so use_authtok FILES
/etc/security/opasswd File with password history SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) pam_get_authtok(3) AUTHOR
pam_pwhistory was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de> Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_PWHISTORY(8)