Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell script needed for comparing two files Post 302954230 by surender reddy on Saturday 5th of September 2015 06:00:26 PM
Old 09-05-2015
Thanks .Its working .Can you pls explain the command in detail.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script comparing files in a file

There is a text file that contains the data in the following format: COLUMN1 COLUMN2 ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 DEF 4 DEF 5 XYZ 7 We have to create a second text file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raina_nalin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for comparing 2 files

Hi, how to read the 2 files and compare each other in shell script? i have 2 files test1 and test2, both files contains 20 character records.we have to compare file 1 records with file2, if exists then reject the record else we have to append it to test2 file. in file test1 around 100 single... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashanth.spl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing two files using shell script

hi experts please help me to compare two files which are in different directory file1<file will be master file> (/home/rev/mas.txt} ex x1 x2 file2 <will be in different folder> (/home/rev/per/.....) ex x3 x4 the filesinside per folder i need to compare with master file and the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: revenna
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in a shell script for printing files

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to print all the files in a particular folder. This script is on solaris server . I am using the lp command to send the requests . lp -d printername filename . The output I get is the request id. Is there any way I can use the request Id to determine if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahshilpa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Needed to Read a text from a list files

Hi, Below is my issue which I desperately need and I want a shell script which can do this job. I need this script as I m planning to put this for a system health check. Please assist me. 1. There are 10 log files in a particular location. 2. open each log file. Goto to the end of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashriram
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing 2 files in shell script

I have 2 files config1h.txt ----------------- BFMU=ENABLE,ID=PM THR=OFF,REP=ALL,CON=IACM,TIM=OFF;GPON collection strategy 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2:8 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2:7 1.3.6.1.4.1.637.61.1.35.11.4:4 1.3.6.1.4.1.637.61.1.35.11.4:3 1.3.6.1.4.1.637.61.1.35.10.1:2 1.3.6.1.4.1.637.61.1.35.10.1:43... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 files using shell script

Hi Experts, I have 2 files 1 file consists of 800 records and 2 file consists of 100 records with matching column as Membership_Num.So i need a script which will compare the 2 files and displays the output.As these are the files the script should take any delimter like (tab,comma) as input... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.dasu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for comparing two files

Hi, I have 2 files as below FILE1.dat co1|co2|co3 abnd|45.56|AZ dkny|30.2|PA sam|.23|VA FILE.CTL FILENAME|FILE1.dat NO OF RECORDS|3 CHECKSUM|75.99 Could you please help me to write a shell script to compare 1. TOTAL RECORDS from FILE1.dat with NO of RECORDS in FILE.CTL 2.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreamsportsteam
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in comparing 2 text files in shell script

Hi All, I have 2 files like below vi f1 frog elephant rabit zebra dog vi f2 rabit dog ============== Now i want to comapre two files and the result will be frog (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
8 Replies
diction(1)						      General Commands Manual							diction(1)

NAME
diction, explain, suggest - Prints wordy sentences and looks them up in an interactive thesaurus. SYNOPSIS
diction [-fpattern_file] [-k] [-ma] [-me] [-ml] [-ms] [-n] [file...] explain suggest The diction command finds all sentences in an English language document that contain phrases from a database of bad or wordy diction. The explain command is an interactive thesaurus for the English language phrases found by the diction command and only for those phrases. The diction command reads from standard in if no file operand is provided. The suggest command is a synonym for explain. OPTIONS
Names a user-created pattern file to be used in addition to the default file. Passes the -k option to the deroff command. The -k option keeps blocks of text specified nroff by requests or macros; for example, the request. Passes the -ma option to deroff. The -ma option interprets nroff man macros only. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Causes deroff to skip lists; should be used if a docu- ment contains many lists of nonsentences. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Suppresses use of the default file (used with -f). Only the user-created pattern file is used. DESCRIPTION
Each phrase found by the diction command is enclosed in [ ] (brackets). Because diction runs deroff before looking at the text, include formatting header files as part of the input. Before using the explain command, use the diction command to obtain a list of poorly worded phrases. When you use the explain command, the system prompts you for a phrase and responds with a grammatically acceptable alternative. You can continue typing phrases, or you can exit by pressing the End-of-File key sequence. The explain command can also take input redirected from a file. No other command line arguments are valid. NOTES
Use of nonstandard formatting macros may cause incorrect sentence breaks. In particular, diction does not understand -me. FILES
Default pattern file. Thesaurus used by the explain command. SEE ALSO
Commands: deroff(1), nroff(1) diction(1)