Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Introduction
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Introduction Post 302954206 by neil.corrigan12 on Saturday 5th of September 2015 01:17:41 PM
Old 09-05-2015
Me too! I was so confused where to post it! Thanks admin for modifying the description of this forum. It will definitely help other newbies as well!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

introduction forum

sorry, I feel like such a dummy, but upon logging in you ask me to do a post introducing myself. I cannot find an "introduction forum" :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shed
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Introduction

Hi, I am new here. Recently I have started working on Unix Shell Scripting. So may I know from where to start... Regards, Darshak Raut (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Introduction

Hi everyone. I am not really a new member i was once a member using the handle despiragado. I now wish to be identified with my new handle. It's been a while i have last visited the forum to see whats happening. I guess a lot has happened. I will try to read up and keep up to date. I am a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: split_func0
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

An Introduction to new Member

Hi guys, I am glad to be the part of this community. Hope my presence will be of great use for the people in this community. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsystems
2 Replies
assert_wait_mesg(9r)													      assert_wait_mesg(9r)

NAME
assert_wait_mesg - General: Asserts that the current kernel thread is about to block (sleep) SYNOPSIS
void assert_wait_mesg( vm_offset_t event, boolean_t interruptible, char *message ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the event associated with the current kernel thread. Specifies a Boolean value that indicates how the kernel thread is awakened. You can pass one of the following values: The current kernel thread is interruptible. This value means that a signal can awaken the current kernel thread. The current kernel thread is not interruptible. This value means that only the specified event can awaken the current ker- nel thread. Specifies a mnemonic for the type of wait. The ps command uses this mnemonic to print out more meaningful messages about a process. DESCRIPTION
The assert_wait_mesgroutine asserts that the current kernel thread is about to block (sleep) until the specified event occurs. This routine sets a thread wait bit in the pointer to the thread structure associated with the current kernel thread. This bit signifies that this ker- nel thread is on the appropriate wait hash queue, waiting for a wakeup call. To actually block (put to sleep) the current kernel thread, call thread_block. To issue a wakeup call on the specified event, call the thread_wakeup_prim or clear_wait routine. CAUTIONS
You must not call assert_wait_mesg from a device driver's interrupt handler. The reason for this is that at interrupt context there is no process to be put to sleep. RETURN VALUES
None SEE ALSO
Data Structures: thread(9s) Routines: clear_wait(9r), current_thread(9r), thread_block(9r) Reference Pages Section 1: ps assert_wait_mesg(9r)