Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in my FORTRAN program
Top Forums Programming Error in my FORTRAN program Post 302954136 by KathyB148 on Friday 4th of September 2015 01:01:39 PM
Old 09-04-2015
It is interesting that you say that. I have a rather large loop with multiple conditions and when I comment out that loop, the program runs and writes to the end. I am going to re-write the loop and see if that resolves the issue. Perhaps it is overloading the buffer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fortran 90 compiler

Hi everybody: Could anybody help me where could I download Fortran 90 complier? Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FORTRAN compiling

Hello, I have a FORTRAN code that I want to compile using F90 compiler. However, when I enter the command: f90 ./code.f -o ./code.out It would give me prompt saying that absoft license has failed, or something. I remember, however, that I could enter some keyword that ends with 'soft' in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iamthe great
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problems while linking Fortran program (-> undefined reference to...)

Hello, we are a group of students (mechanical engineering) who are trying to port UNIX-software to a PC Linux system during a study project. The first goals were achieved: compiling the Fortran code and creating object files. However, we encounter errors during the linking process. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dynamo
0 Replies

4. Programming

Error running FORTRAN code

Hi, I am new to this forum and do not know whether this is the appropriate place to post this question. Anyway am trying my luck. I have a fortran program swanhcat.ftn, which is part of a wave modelling system. There is also a file hcat.nml which is required to run this program. The program's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandhyakg
9 Replies

5. Programming

Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion

Hello, I have some Fortran code that is providing the following error: At line 1165 of lapc_shells_2.f Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion Here are the lines just above and including 1165: WRITE (*,"('ATTEMPTING TO READ PLATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Fortran program issue

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I was given this program to work with that is supposed to work as it is. It comes with a makefile so all I should have to do is use the make command, then type ./blub to execute the program. A list of data should then appear in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FORTRAN Compiler

Need assistance in Fortran Compiler I need to install Fortran compiler on Linux distribution . I don't have root access to use rpm or yum to install compiler . Is there any way I can get it ? Are there any sites that has fortran compiler . Any links to download and install . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
10 Replies

8. Programming

FORTRAN Extends

I am writing some code in fortran that defines certain shapes. Currently I have a cuboid and a prism. Now a parallelepiped is both a cuboid and a prism. Is there a way to code this? Currently I only have Type, Extends (Cuboid) :: Parallelepipied How can I do so that Parallelepipied is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies

10. Programming

FORTRAN program to extracting column

Dear folks I have a large data set which contains 400K columns. I decide to select 50K determined columns from the whole 400K columns. Is there any suggested fortran program which could do this process for me? I need to also mention that I store all of the columns id in one file which may help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajmar
1 Replies
MPI_Type_get_attr(3OpenMPI)											       MPI_Type_get_attr(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Type_get_attr - Returns the attribute associated with a data type. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Type_get_attr(MPI_Datatype type, int type_keyval, void *attribute_val, int *flag) Fortran Syntax (see FORTRAN 77 NOTES) INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_TYPE_GET_ATTR(TYPE, TYPE_KEYVAL, ATTRIBUTE_VAL, FLAG, IERROR) INTEGER TYPE, TYPE_KEYVAL, IERROR INTEGER(KIND=MPI_ADDRESS_KIND) ATTRIBUTE_VAL LOGICAL FLAG C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> bool MPI::Datatype::Get_attr(int type_keyval, void* attribute_val) const INPUT PARAMETERS
type Data type to which the attribute is attached (handle). type_keyval Key value (integer). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
attribute_val Attribute value, unless flag = false flag "false" if no attribute is associated with the key (logical). IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
For the given data type, MPI_Type_get_attr returns an attribute value that corresponds to the specified key value. FORTRAN 77 NOTES The MPI standard prescribes portable Fortran syntax for the ATTRIBUTE_VAL argument only for Fortran 90. Sun FORTRAN 77 users may use the non-portable syntax INTEGER*MPI_ADDRESS_KIND ATTRIBUTE_VAL where MPI_ADDRESS_KIND is a constant defined in mpif.h and gives the length of the declared integer in bytes. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Type_set_attr Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Type_get_attr(3OpenMPI)