Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in my FORTRAN program
Top Forums Programming Error in my FORTRAN program Post 302954132 by KathyB148 on Friday 4th of September 2015 12:42:21 PM
Old 09-04-2015
There is over 1200 lines of code and I have no idea what would be helpful for you to see. The output always stops at 203 lines and 8192 characters, with a "last line not complete" message. They are not necessarily the same 203 lines, however, as there is some conditions for the output. As I mentioned, if I change the conditions, it writes different data, but always 203 lines and 8192 characters and then stops. I was hoping someone could give me a better explanation of what the error message means...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fortran 90 compiler

Hi everybody: Could anybody help me where could I download Fortran 90 complier? Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FORTRAN compiling

Hello, I have a FORTRAN code that I want to compile using F90 compiler. However, when I enter the command: f90 ./code.f -o ./code.out It would give me prompt saying that absoft license has failed, or something. I remember, however, that I could enter some keyword that ends with 'soft' in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iamthe great
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problems while linking Fortran program (-> undefined reference to...)

Hello, we are a group of students (mechanical engineering) who are trying to port UNIX-software to a PC Linux system during a study project. The first goals were achieved: compiling the Fortran code and creating object files. However, we encounter errors during the linking process. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dynamo
0 Replies

4. Programming

Error running FORTRAN code

Hi, I am new to this forum and do not know whether this is the appropriate place to post this question. Anyway am trying my luck. I have a fortran program swanhcat.ftn, which is part of a wave modelling system. There is also a file hcat.nml which is required to run this program. The program's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandhyakg
9 Replies

5. Programming

Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion

Hello, I have some Fortran code that is providing the following error: At line 1165 of lapc_shells_2.f Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion Here are the lines just above and including 1165: WRITE (*,"('ATTEMPTING TO READ PLATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Fortran program issue

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I was given this program to work with that is supposed to work as it is. It comes with a makefile so all I should have to do is use the make command, then type ./blub to execute the program. A list of data should then appear in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FORTRAN Compiler

Need assistance in Fortran Compiler I need to install Fortran compiler on Linux distribution . I don't have root access to use rpm or yum to install compiler . Is there any way I can get it ? Are there any sites that has fortran compiler . Any links to download and install . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
10 Replies

8. Programming

FORTRAN Extends

I am writing some code in fortran that defines certain shapes. Currently I have a cuboid and a prism. Now a parallelepiped is both a cuboid and a prism. Is there a way to code this? Currently I only have Type, Extends (Cuboid) :: Parallelepipied How can I do so that Parallelepipied is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies

10. Programming

FORTRAN program to extracting column

Dear folks I have a large data set which contains 400K columns. I decide to select 50K determined columns from the whole 400K columns. Is there any suggested fortran program which could do this process for me? I need to also mention that I store all of the columns id in one file which may help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajmar
1 Replies
CONSTANTS(5)							LAM FORTRAN LIBRARY						      CONSTANTS(5)

NAME
CONSTANTS - constants for LAM Fortran programming DESCRIPTION
The following table describes the values appropriate to various constants used in LAM. It also describes the meaning of the constants and lists the cpp(1) header files in which the constants can be found. To use these files, the Fortran source files will need to be passed through cpp(1) before they are given to the Fortran compiler. Some compiler drivers will run cpp(1) if the source file suffix is .F. In lieu of cpp(1), the constants can be copied to parameter statements in the Fortran source files. CONSTANT VALUE DESCRIPTION FILE Network Constants: LOCAL -2147483647 local node NET.h MAXNMSGLEN 8192 maximum length of one message packet NET.h NHDSIZE 8 maximum size in words of ndata NET.h argument NOTNODEID -2147483648 error occurred in IGNDID(2) NET.h NOTNODETYPE -2147483648 error occurred in IGRTP(2) NET.h Node Types: NTCAST 2 multicast definition NET.h NTWASTE 4 not fully used/wasted NET.h NTDISK 8 node with attached disk NET.h NTTUBE 16 node with attached video unit NET.h NTJONES 32 node is a neighbour NET.h NTBOOT 64 neighbour node to boot NET.h NTALL 127 matches any type NET.h Message Flags: NOBUF 16 turn off buffering NET.h NREEL 1024 multireel NET.h DRAWDATA 65536 ndata representation will not be NET.h changed DINT4DATA 131072 ndata holds 8 32-bit integer NET.h DFLT4DATA 262144 ndata holds 8 single precision reals NET.h DFLT8DATA 524288 ndata holds 4 double precision reals NET.h DRAWMSG 1048576 nmsg representation will not be NET.h changed DINT4MSG 2097152 nmsg holds integers NET.h DFLT4MSG 4194304 nmsg holds single precision reals NET.h DFLT8MSG 8388608 nmsg holds double precision reals NET.h Reserved Cast Identifiers: HOST2ALL -2147483646 multicast from origin to all nodes NET.h HOST2COMP -2147483642 multicast from origin to compute nodes NET.h File Flags: O_RDONLY 0 open for reading only FREQ.h O_WRONLY 1 open for writing only FREQ.h O_RDWR 2 open for reading and writing FREQ.h O_APPEND 8 append on each write FREQ.h O_CREAT 512 create file if it does not exist FREQ.h O_TRUNC 1024 truncate length to 0 FREQ.h O_EXCL 2048 error if create and file exists FREQ.h O_SYNC 8192 update file data and file status FREQ.h before writing O_LOCK 65536 lock file descriptor active FREQ.h O_REUSE 131072 reuse existing file descriptor FREQ.h O_1WAY 4194304 do not acknowledge writes FREQ.h Process Runtime Flags: RTF_WAIT 16 child sends a message to NET.h parent when it exits RTF_TRACE 256 enable process tracing NET.h LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 CONSTANTS(5)