Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers After Ftp'ing file to destination how to check the file if it is in correct ASCII and not corrupted Post 302954070 by brij123 on Friday 4th of September 2015 03:48:42 AM
Old 09-04-2015
You can also use
Code:
cksum <File>

command. In the output you will see checksum CRC. It must be same on both the machines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP'ed in ASCII a word file, how to recover

This is my worst nightmare in recent years!!! I spent two days writing a proposal due tomorrow, ftp'ed the Word doc to a Unix machine in ASCII mode (i forgot to turn BIN on). Then I was trying to help a colleague download it and I accidently download the ASCII file back to the same dir on my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkir
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check a file to contain only ascii charaters

HI I need to validate a file in UNIX to contain only ascii characters.This is a production issue.Can anyone help with the command? Thanks Subbarao (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichakra9
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp - determine ascii or binary file

Hello, How to i determine via ftp commandline if files on ftp server is ascii or binary files. Like every other comon windows ftp program does it automatically. regards Thomas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamically ftp'ing a file

Hi, I am having unix script that passes argument value to script. The script finds the file and keeps it in a directory. I need to ftp this file to another server. Please guide me how to acieve this. I am able to connect to ftp server but i am not able to use the unix argument in the ftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

size of a file that iam ftp ing

Hi, I want to compare the size of the files in my local machine before ftp ing it and the size of the file in the remote machine i.e after ftping . SO that the ftp is successful . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check the file data type(ascii or binary)

hi i am receiving a file from one system , i have to verify the format of the file data i.e whether the data is in acii format or binary format, please help thanks in advance satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the file has EBCDIC or ascii characters

Hi, is there a way to check if the initial few characters are ebcdic or ascii in a file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
1 Replies

8. Solaris

UFS File System Periodically Corrupted - What to check?

The system is a SunFire V440 running SunOS 5.10 About once every 3-4 weeks, the system will reboot into single user mode on its own, and then I run svcs -xv, the filesystem service and dependent services will be disabled due to the metadisk file system being corrupted. The I've been doing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP'ing the zipped file

Hi, I need to have a shell script that FTP's a zipped file from a particular location. I have some path and inside that path i will have folders like x_timestamp and inside x_timestamp there may many folders based upon events like y_111,y_222,y_333.Inside each event there will be another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if file is EBCDIC or ASCII format

So, i have this requirement where i need to check the file format, whether it's EBCDIC or ASCII, and based on format retrieve the information from that file: my file is: file1.txt-->this ebcdic file file2.txt-->ascii file i tried below code: file=file1.txt type="`file $file`" i get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
7 Replies
DAR_CP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DAR_CP(1)

NAME
dar_cp - disk archive copy SYNOPSIS
dar_cp <source file> <destination file> dar_cp -h dar_cp -V DESCRIPTION
dar_cp is similar to the standard 'cp' command, except it does not stop copying when an I/O error is met. Instead, it skips a bit further and continues to copy the rest of the file, as much as possible. dar_cp only accepts full filename (not directory) as argument. The reason of its existence in dar package is that you need it if you use Parchive with dar and have a corruption on a CD-R or any other read-only medium. You need to copy the corrupted slice on a read-write filesystem, for Parchive be able to repair it using slice associated redundancy files. OPTIONS
-h Displays help usage. -V Displays version information. EXIT CODES
dar_cp exists with the following codes: 0 upon normal execution (be some corrupted parted skipped or not) 1 syntax error on command-line 2 could not open source or destination files 3 any other system error met during the copy 5 when some data could not be copied due to I/O error SIGNALS
Any signal sent to dar_cp will abort the program immediately, there is no way to have a proper termination before the end of the process SEE ALSO
dar(1), dar_xform(1), dar_manager(1), dar_slave(1) KNOWN BUGS
None actually. AUTHOR
http://dar.linux.free.fr/ Denis Corbin France Europe 3rd Berkeley Distribution FEB 24th, 2007 DAR_CP(1)