Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find arcsin for a coulmn containg values? Post 302954066 by dinesh.n on Friday 4th of September 2015 03:32:03 AM
Old 09-04-2015
How to find arcsin for a coulmn containg values?

Hello everzone,

I have a column of values and i need to find arcsin for evry value in this column. I am very new to shell scripting and would be glad to receive any help regarding this. Also i want them to be saved in the next column.
Desired output:
Code:
#  #
a  arcsin(a)
b  arcsin(b)
c  arcsin(c)
d  arcsin(d)

Thanks,
Dinesh

Last edited by dinesh.n; 09-04-2015 at 04:43 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste coulmn wise

Hello, I need few clarification in types of paste command ussage in coulmn mode : In a directory i have few file distinguished as *.cpu *.vmem and *.mem and have coulmn entries like first cpu file 89576 89576 89576 89576 89576 89576 89576 second cpu file 46312 46312 46312 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Summary file containg information

Folks, I have multiple files in a folder containing some information (there is around 100 of them). What I would like to do would be able to import some of the information into a summary text file so that it will be easier to read a glance. The name of the files all start with the naming... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge different coulmn of differnt files

hello gurus , i want to merge different column from two different file. file struture is below. file 1 ------- ~information is given Name class section A 5 b B 7 C D 8 A file 2 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul sharma11
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

output nohup file containg the PID

Hi to everybody. Is it possible to nohup a process and redirect the output to a file containing the PID? E.g. if nohup filename > out.nohup associate the PID=8074 to filename, is it possible to call the output file something like out_8074.nohup instead of out.nohup? By this way it would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsrn
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace value with double quotes of specific coulmn value in csv file

Hi, I am trying to replace a specific column values in a csv file with double quotes. Example: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert,74538,12 2,Sam,07564,13 3,Kim, Ed,12345,14 Desired Output: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert Ken,74538,12 2,Sam Mik,"07564",13 3,"Kim, Ed",12345,14 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pattern containg ' search and replace

Hi guys I'm new to this forum so please help me in this I have a file where i need to replace a pattern value=' ' with the pattern value='abc' and moreover that abc value must be passed from some variable say i assign name=abc and use name as the value to replace instead of the direct string... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundarj
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find values between values in two different fields

Hi, I need help to find values between two different fields based on $6 (NUM) AND $1 (CD), within the same ID. The result should show the values between the NUMs which will be extracted from within $3 and $2 in data.txt file below. data.txt ex 139 142 Sc_1000004 ID 4 CD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Lines Containg a Keyword

Hi , I have two files, say KEY_FILE and the MAIN_FILE. I am trying to read the KEY_FILE which has only one column and look for this column data in the MAIN_FILE to extract all the rows that have this key. I have written a script to do so, but somehow it is not returning all the rows ( It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies
DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)							 1							DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)

db2_field_width - Returns the width of the current value of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_width (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the width of the current value of the indicated column in a result set. This is the maximum width of the column for a fixed-length data type, or the actual width of the column for a variable-length data type. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the width of the specified character or binary data type column in a result set. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_width(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)