Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep patterns and group counts Post 302954016 by Aia on Thursday 3rd of September 2015 11:52:44 AM
Old 09-03-2015
Perhaps a bit of Perl?

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
# finn.report.pl

# these two statements help detecting bugs
use strict;
use warnings;

my %dates; # to keep a record by dates

# read the file given at the command line
while(<>) {
    # extract date and ip, disregard rest 
    my ($day, undef, $nbits, undef) = split; 
    # extract ip bits wanted
    my ($netbits) = $nbits =~ /^(\d+\.\d+)/;
    # increase count of ip bits
    $dates{$day}{$netbits}++;
}

# report back to stdout
for my $d (sort keys %dates){
    print "IP total counts for $d\n";
    for my $ipp (sort keys %{$dates{$d}}){
        printf "%-8s = %s\n", $ipp, $dates{$d}{$ipp};
    }
    print "\n";
}

Run as
Code:
$ perl finn.report.pl finn.file 
IP total counts for 02/Sep/2015:
11.151   = 1

IP total counts for 03/Sep/2015:
11.14    = 1
11.151   = 3
11.152   = 1
11.188   = 2

Last edited by Aia; 09-04-2015 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Added sort to the ip portions
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Group by columns and get the counts

Hi Gurus, I have a file 1|usa|hh 2|usa|ll 3|usa|vg 4|usa|vg 5|usa|vg 6|usa|vg 7|usa|ll 8|uk|nn 9|uk|bb 10|uk|bb 11|kuwait|mm 12|kuwait|jkj 13|kuwait|mm 14|dubai|hh I want to group by last two columns and get the last two recs and count. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to grep and print their counts

suppose u have a file ACFCFACCACARCSHFARCVJVASTVAJFTVAJVGHBAJ another file A C F R then output shud be A= 9 C=7 F=3 R=2 Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or sed patterns

i want to match a pattern * ^Subject:.*<\hello\> for my emails to me that has 'hello' anywhere in the subject. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep between 2 patterns in a line

Hi I have a file containing 1000+ lines of netlist data. I need to search for text between two key words on each line for e.g my input file has "ABC.ABC__312.deftr_0.X143.Xntys_0.\Xetabc__ABC_test_tz .X1023" "ABC.ABC__312.asjartwtsj"... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep value between two patterns

Hi All, I've been trying solve this with a simple command but not having much luck. I have a file like this: Line 1: random_description 123/alert/high random_description2 356/alert/slow Line 2: random_description3 654/alert/medium Line 3: random_description4 234/alert/critical I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe19
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group matched patterns in different files

Hi, I have a master file that i need to split into multiple files based on matched patterns. sample of my data as follows:- scaff_1 a e 123 130 c_scaff_100 scaff_1 a e 132 138 c_scaff_101 scaff_1 a e 140 150 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep - various patterns

I have a file with the following text: grep \$ grep \\$ grep \\\$ grep '\$' grep '\'$' grep \\ grep \\\\ grep "\$" grep '"$' grep "$" When I perform these same commands on this file, the result are never what I would expect them to be. Could someone please comment on the results and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uran101
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep patterns

Hi Experts, I have a log file like this.I need to filter the Index name and elapsed time(only created ). 06:36:39 SQL> create index XYZ_F75 on XYZ 06:36:39 2 ("GRP_ID", "_ID") parallel 64 nologging 06:36:39 3 tablespace XARGS_IDX 06:36:39 4 ; Index created. Elapsed:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep with multiple patterns?

I am trying to grep a variable with multiple lines with multiple patterns below is the pattern list in a variable called "grouplst", each pattern is speerated by "|" grouplst="example1|example2|example3|example4|example5|example6|example7" I need to use the patterns above to grep a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
2 Replies
POE::Filter::Grep(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    POE::Filter::Grep(3pm)

NAME
POE::Filter::Grep - select or remove items based on simple rules SYNOPSIS
#!perl use POE qw( Wheel::FollowTail Filter::Line Filter::Grep Filter::Stackable ); POE::Session->create( inline_states => { _start => sub { my $parse_input_as_lines = POE::Filter::Line->new(); my $select_sudo_log_lines = POE::Filter::Grep->new( Put => sub { 1 }, Get => sub { my $input = shift; return $input =~ /sudo[d+]/i; }, ); my $filter_stack = POE::Filter::Stackable->new( Filters => [ $parse_input_as_lines, # first on get, last on put $select_sudo_log_lines, # first on put, last on get ] ); $_[HEAP]{tailor} = POE::Wheel::FollowTail->new( Filename => "/var/log/system.log", InputEvent => "got_log_line", Filter => $filter_stack, ); }, got_log_line => sub { print "Log: $_[ARG0] "; } } ); POE::Kernel->run(); exit; DESCRIPTION
POE::Filter::Grep selects or removes items based on simple tests. It may be used to filter input, output, or both. This filter is named and modeled after Perl's built-in grep() function. POE::Filter::Grep is designed to be combined with other filters through POE::Filter::Stackable. In the "SYNOPSIS" example, a filter stack is created to parse logs as lines and remove all entries that don't pertain to a sudo process. (Or if your glass is half full, the stack only selects entries that DO mention sudo.) PUBLIC FILTER METHODS
In addition to the usual POE::Filter methods, POE::Filter::Grep also supports the following. new new() constructs a new POE::Filter::Grep object. It must either be called with a single Code parameter, or both a Put and a Get parameter. The values for Code, Put, and Get are code references that, when invoked, return true to select an item or false to reject it. A Code function will be used for both input and output, while Get and Put functions allow input and output to be filtered in different ways. The item in question will be passed as the function's sole parameter. sub reject_bidoofs { my $pokemon = shift; return 1 if $pokemon ne "bidoof"; return; } my $gotta_catch_nearly_all = POE::Filter::Grep->new( Code => &reject_bidoofs, ); Enforce read-only behavior: my $read_only = POE::Filter::Grep->new( Get => sub { 1 }, Put => sub { 0 }, ); modify modify() changes a POE::Filter::Grep object's behavior at run-time. It accepts the same parameters as new(), and it replaces the existing tests with new ones. # Don't give away our Dialgas. $gotta_catch_nearly_all->modify( Get => sub { 1 }, Put => sub { return shift() ne "dialga" }, ); SEE ALSO
POE::Filter for more information about filters in general. POE::Filter::Stackable for more details on stacking filters. BUGS
None known. AUTHORS &; COPYRIGHTS The Grep filter was contributed by Dieter Pearcey. Documentation is provided by Rocco Caputo. Please see the POE manpage for more information about authors and contributors. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-15 POE::Filter::Grep(3pm)