Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep patterns and group counts Post 302954016 by Aia on Thursday 3rd of September 2015 11:52:44 AM
Old 09-03-2015
Perhaps a bit of Perl?

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
# finn.report.pl

# these two statements help detecting bugs
use strict;
use warnings;

my %dates; # to keep a record by dates

# read the file given at the command line
while(<>) {
    # extract date and ip, disregard rest 
    my ($day, undef, $nbits, undef) = split; 
    # extract ip bits wanted
    my ($netbits) = $nbits =~ /^(\d+\.\d+)/;
    # increase count of ip bits
    $dates{$day}{$netbits}++;
}

# report back to stdout
for my $d (sort keys %dates){
    print "IP total counts for $d\n";
    for my $ipp (sort keys %{$dates{$d}}){
        printf "%-8s = %s\n", $ipp, $dates{$d}{$ipp};
    }
    print "\n";
}

Run as
Code:
$ perl finn.report.pl finn.file 
IP total counts for 02/Sep/2015:
11.151   = 1

IP total counts for 03/Sep/2015:
11.14    = 1
11.151   = 3
11.152   = 1
11.188   = 2

Last edited by Aia; 09-04-2015 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Added sort to the ip portions
This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Group by columns and get the counts

Hi Gurus, I have a file 1|usa|hh 2|usa|ll 3|usa|vg 4|usa|vg 5|usa|vg 6|usa|vg 7|usa|ll 8|uk|nn 9|uk|bb 10|uk|bb 11|kuwait|mm 12|kuwait|jkj 13|kuwait|mm 14|dubai|hh I want to group by last two columns and get the last two recs and count. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to grep and print their counts

suppose u have a file ACFCFACCACARCSHFARCVJVASTVAJFTVAJVGHBAJ another file A C F R then output shud be A= 9 C=7 F=3 R=2 Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or sed patterns

i want to match a pattern * ^Subject:.*<\hello\> for my emails to me that has 'hello' anywhere in the subject. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep between 2 patterns in a line

Hi I have a file containing 1000+ lines of netlist data. I need to search for text between two key words on each line for e.g my input file has "ABC.ABC__312.deftr_0.X143.Xntys_0.\Xetabc__ABC_test_tz .X1023" "ABC.ABC__312.asjartwtsj"... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep value between two patterns

Hi All, I've been trying solve this with a simple command but not having much luck. I have a file like this: Line 1: random_description 123/alert/high random_description2 356/alert/slow Line 2: random_description3 654/alert/medium Line 3: random_description4 234/alert/critical I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe19
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group matched patterns in different files

Hi, I have a master file that i need to split into multiple files based on matched patterns. sample of my data as follows:- scaff_1 a e 123 130 c_scaff_100 scaff_1 a e 132 138 c_scaff_101 scaff_1 a e 140 150 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep - various patterns

I have a file with the following text: grep \$ grep \\$ grep \\\$ grep '\$' grep '\'$' grep \\ grep \\\\ grep "\$" grep '"$' grep "$" When I perform these same commands on this file, the result are never what I would expect them to be. Could someone please comment on the results and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uran101
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep patterns

Hi Experts, I have a log file like this.I need to filter the Index name and elapsed time(only created ). 06:36:39 SQL> create index XYZ_F75 on XYZ 06:36:39 2 ("GRP_ID", "_ID") parallel 64 nologging 06:36:39 3 tablespace XARGS_IDX 06:36:39 4 ; Index created. Elapsed:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep with multiple patterns?

I am trying to grep a variable with multiple lines with multiple patterns below is the pattern list in a variable called "grouplst", each pattern is speerated by "|" grouplst="example1|example2|example3|example4|example5|example6|example7" I need to use the patterns above to grep a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)