Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usb external drive
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Usb external drive Post 302954002 by Corona688 on Thursday 3rd of September 2015 11:06:34 AM
Old 09-03-2015
Usually I'd just say "ordinary UNIX file access controls" except I don't know what filesystem is on this external drive. What is it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount external usb drive on Redhat 9

I am using Redhat 9 Linux, and am trying to get my external usb drive mounted (fat32). If I look at the KDE Control panel, it lists a usb 2.0 storage device under "USB Devices" (also in /proc/bus/usb), and under "SCSI" as scsi1. I looked at /proc/scsi/usb-storage-0, and it lists it there also. What... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
6 Replies

2. Solaris

External USB

Is it possible to install Solaris 10 on an external USB drive? I'd like to dual boot Linux and Solaris 10. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: otterit
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

4. Solaris

FAT32 usb external hard drive - how to mount??

Hello ! What is the comand to mount and usb hard disk ? I have Solaris 10 installed! 10nx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daniel.balasa
1 Replies

5. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris x86 through an external DVD drive through the USB port...

Is there a way to install Solaris 10 x86 with an external DVD drive that connects through the USB port? I would think I would run GRUB off of a floppy disk and somehow use that to make it look to the USB port to boot from but I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

7. Solaris

USB External Hard Drive for Solaris 10 Sparc

Hi- I would like to know if anyone has used any USB External Hard Drive, about 500/750GB or 1TB, with any of the Solaris 10 "SPARC" systems. Not on intel nor amd platform. I'm looking for the compatible drive and found a few listed on Sun solaris ready page, but I'd like to have inputs from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agfa_109
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

driver for external drive case on usb port

Hi I have to buy my selfe external case for hdd but I don't know whether my ubuntu linux, needs some driver to be able to work with this device or it has inside of itselfe this driver ? rhx for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Flapping (reconnecting) external USB drive

Hi gurus, during playing movie via VLC or SMPlayer I get several time the error that file cannot be read. File was stored on external USB disk. During this error I get another dialogue message that says the new removable disk was connected..., just as if power goes off and on again or if I power on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Waking Up USB External Hard Drive for file archiving

Hello Experts, I hope I'm writing to the correct category for my question. I have a very basic shell script for doing file archiving to the external usb hard drive (WD studio edition II 2TB formatted as FAT32 for compatibility). The shell script only needs to run once per day. It basically... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johankor
8 Replies
xfs_ncheck(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_ncheck(8)

NAME
xfs_ncheck - generate pathnames from i-numbers for XFS SYNOPSIS
xfs_ncheck [ -i ino ] ... [ -f ] [ -s ] [ -l logdev ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_ncheck with no -i arguments generates an inode number and pathname list of all files on the given filesystem. Names of directory files are followed by /.. The output is not sorted in any particular order. The filesystem to be examined is specified by the device argument, which should be the disk or volume device for the filesystem. Filesystems stored in files can also be checked, using the -f flag. OPTIONS
-f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file. -l logdev Specifies the device where the filesystem's external log resides. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. See the mkfs.xfs -l option, and refer to xfs(5) for a detailed description of the XFS log. -s Limits the report to special files and files with setuserid mode. This option may be used to detect violations of security pol- icy. -i ino Limits the report to only those files whose inode numbers follow. May be given multiple times to select multiple inode numbers. If the filesystem is seriously corrupted, or very busy and looks like it is corrupt, a message of the form that would be generated by xfs_check(8) may appear. xfs_ncheck is only useful with XFS filesystems. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), xfs_check(8), xfs(5). xfs_ncheck(8)