Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running Local Script from SSH with SUDO Post 302953922 by disedorgue on Wednesday 2nd of September 2015 03:06:57 PM
Old 09-02-2015
Hi,
Are you try to check if your script work fine with only "sudo" command ?

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop a script running in remote server from local script

Hi, I have googled for quite some time and couldn't able to get what exactly I am looking for.. My query is "how to stop a shell script which is running inside a remote server, using a script"??? can any one give some suggestions to sort this out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

sudo chown -R `whoami` /usr/local

I was following a tutorial on installing Homebrew and I changed the ownership of /usr/local/ to me. Now McAfee Security won't start This is the exact line I typed: sudo chown -R `whoami` /usr/local Then I tried to fix it with: sudo chown -R root /usr/local I still can't start mcafee. It say... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chancho
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running local script remotely with arguments in ksh

When i use ssh command to execute local script on remote server , I am unable to do it. Please let me know how this can be done in ksh req=abc dte=ghd ssh username@hostname "$req $dte" < run_script.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in creating Sudo ssh script

Hi Experts, I am new to Shell scripting. I want to login to a server using a script. The normal command I use is --> sudo ssh <Servername> . when i tried putting this into a txt format file and tried running, it throw an error "can't execute". I am an Admin and i have root access. Any help would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tom1989
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo ssh with command running in background

I am trying to run a command. This is one of my attempts: for i in fileservera; do ssh -t $i 'sudo ls /';doneThis works, and I see the directories. However, what I want to do now is start a process on the remote server such as /usr/bin/connectproc -standalonesudo /usr/bin/connectproc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script still running after ssh

I have the lines below on my script: script.ksh: case `hostname` in some_host) ssh server1A "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1B "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1C "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh server1D "/home/script.ksh $1 $2" ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with running a script via ssh

Hi, I'm trying to run a user defined shell script with options and arguments via ssh but getting error as ksh: Script.sh: not found. Here is what i'm running: ssh -t username@server 'cd /path/to/script; script.sh -t start here '-t' with script.sh, is an user defined option and 'start' is also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsam
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running local script remotely with arguments

Dear Experts, I have found this script on internet that can be used to execute local script remotely #!/bin/bash # runremote.sh # usage: runremote.sh localscript remoteuser remotehost arg1 arg2 ... realscript=$1 user=$2 host=$3 shift 3 # escape the arguments declare -a args ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to have local shell variables in a ksh script seen on remove server in SSH block?

I have googled this and found many solutions, but none of them are working for me. I am in a korn shell, most others reference bsh, maybe that is the issue? Anyway, all I am trying to do is use a variable I have declared in my main script in a remote shell I am running through ssh. So I have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
8 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
viewsudo - execute a command as another (virtual) user SYNOPSIS
viewsudo [-g groupname|#gid] [-u username|#uid] command DESCRIPTION
viewsudo allows a user to execute a command as the superuser or another user in View-OS. OPTIONS
viewsudo accepts the following command line options: -g group Normally, viewsudo sets the primary group to root. The -g option causes sudo to run the specified command with the primary group set to group. To specify a gid instead of a group name, use #gid. When running commands as a gid, many shells require that the '#' be escaped with a backslash ('[u2019]). If no -u option is specified, the command will be run as the invoking user (not root). In either case, the primary group will be set to group. -u user The -u option causes viewsudo to run the specified command as a user other than root. To specify a uid instead of a user name, use #uid. When running commands as a uid, many shells require that the '#' be escaped with a backslash ('[u2019]). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful execution of a program, the exit status from viewsudo will simply be the exit status of the program that was executed. SEE ALSO
viewsu(1), sudo(1), linux.defs(5) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. NOTE
Most part of the text is taken from sudo(1). VIEW-OS: a process with a view August 8, 2009 VIEW-OS(1)