Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cancel process running for more than 5 days Post 302953897 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 2nd of September 2015 01:02:44 PM
Old 09-02-2015
Pure Posix / quite portable is
Code:
ps -e -o pid= -o etime= -o args=

The etime has the further advantage that it is already the difference current_date - stime.
For example
Code:
ps -e -o pid= -o etime= -o args= |
  while read pid etime args
  do
    case $args in
    *lp -c* )
      case $etime in
      5-* | [0-9][0-9]*-* )
        echo kill "$pid"
      ;;
      esac
    ;;
    esac
  done

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

2. AIX

etime - get processes running for more than 30 days

In AIX I am trying to get the processes ran by user declan using the following format: ps -aef -o user,pid,etime,args | grep declan Then I get a result similar to (for example): declan 103264 123-12:47:33 /applications/apache/1.3.39.0/bin/httpd -d /var/applications/apache/www1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running for some days and is not running for some days

Hi.. i have written a shell script and made this script to run on every day night 11: 55 pm using a cron job. This cron job running for some days and is not running for some day. but i need this script to run every day night. Please help me. Here is the cron tab entries, 55 23 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process previous days file

Hi, i've a scenario where i need to unizp the previous day files based on the no of days given as input. EX: if my no of days are 5 i need to go to archive dir and pull last 5 days files from currentday -1 . Please help with this shell script. Regards, sandeep. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep karna
5 Replies

6. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days.

Hi all, As i am new to shell script.Please help me to write a Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days. Thank's in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_1988
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
Ns_Exec(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				       Ns_Exec(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_ExecArgblk, Ns_ExecArgv, Ns_ExecProc, Ns_ExecProcess, Ns_Fork, Ns_GetEnviron, Ns_WaitForProcess, Ns_WaitProcess, ns_fork - External process execution SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_ExecArgblk(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char *args, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_ExecArgv(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char **argv, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_ExecProc(char *exec, char **argv) int Ns_ExecProcess(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char *args, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_Fork(void) char **Ns_GetEnviron(void) int Ns_WaitForProcess(int pid, int *statusPtr) int Ns_WaitProcess(int pid) int ns_fork(void) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions handle fork and exec operations. See files: nsd/exec.c, nsd/tclenv.c and nsthread/fork.c. Ns_ExecArgblk(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, args, env) Executes a command in a child process. Return process id of child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Provides extended error checking and error messages. Ns_ExecArgv(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, argv, env) Execute a command in a child process using fork(2) and execve(2), returns the process id of child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. The child sends an extended error message to the parent. Ns_ExecProc(exec, argv) Executes a command in a child process. Returns the process id of the child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Simpli- fies call to Ns_ExecArgv. Ns_ExecProcess(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, args, env) Executes a command in a child process. Returns the process id of the child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Calls Ns_ExecArgblk with same arguments. Ns_Fork() Posix style fork(), using fork1() on Solaris if needed. See fork(2) man page. Calls ns_fork. Ns_GetEnviron() Returns pointer to the environment vector. Ns_WaitForProcess(pid, statusPtr) Wait for child process. Returns NS_OK on success, or NS_ERROR on failure. *statusPtr is set to the exit code of the child process. Ns_WaitProcess(pid) Wait for child process. Calls Ns_WaitForProcess with NULL statusPtr. Returns NS_OK on success, or NS_ERROR on failure. ns_fork() Posix style fork(), using fork1() on Solaris if needed. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Exec(3aolserver)