Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudo question
Operating Systems AIX Sudo question Post 302953884 by bakunin on Wednesday 2nd of September 2015 09:40:19 AM
Old 09-02-2015
First: a script should set its own set of variables. You wouldn't have this problem then. Do something like this:

Code:
#! /bin/ksh

. /some/common/environment.file

<...rest of your script...>

If you really have to set some environment outside the script use sus "-c" switch:

Code:
sudo su -c ENV=/some/file /your/command

Attention: "-c" will wipe out your environment completely before the ENV variable is set. You better make sure that everything you ever need is defined in "/some/file" one or the other way.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo question

how do i go about adding a file to sudo so a user name oracle can run the file??? for some reason my man pages dont have anything for sudo. files sudoers exist in /etc can anyone help this is urgent thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUDO question - please help

Hi, I was wondering if someone can give me some pointers about configuring SUDO. I am trying to configure SUDO to have about 30 users run about 200 scripts as a different user. I understand that I can create an User_Alias but how do I give that User_Alias rights to run all the scripts in a certain... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjad02
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo question

Folks; I have a sudo question: - I have a real user named "greg" and another generic user named "devuser" & application that must be run like start/stop as "devuser" user. Is there a way to: Have user Greg login into the Solaris 10 box as himself then sudo as "devuser" to be able to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
10 Replies

4. Linux

Sudo question

Hello, I would like to know what should I put on the sudoers file to block a determined group os using just one specific command as root? He can do anything, but not execute program X, how can I do this? Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

sudo question

Hi, Is it possible to stop users from copying a login shell, say bash, to another name and then executing it via sudo to gain root priviliges? Normal users have read access to login shells, so they can copy them without any limitations. How can I stop this? Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: melias
12 Replies

6. Ubuntu

sudo question.

Hello all, Anyone fimilar with su -l command? So when I do su -l <user> any user it doesn't prompt me for password for that user. How I enable sudo to prompt for password whenever su -l command is used. Please help! thanks, -Lalit :D (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo question

Folks; I have SUDO configured on my SUSE boxes to allow a specific groups to run specific duties so one group has ALL permission & other group has permission to run a few commands only. when i look at the sudoer log, i see people login info only, Is there a way to capture every thing users do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about sudo

Hello all, I have a script (script.sh) that is owned and executed by root. Now I need to give another user (user1) sudo access to execute that script. I edited the /etc/sudoers file, and created the following: # Runas alias specification Runas_Alias RO = root user1 ALL=(RO)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: designbc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo question

Hi All I want to grant elevated privs to a user that will be running a script as a background task. It will be launched from an ssh session via an embedded command in its key that just allows that account to run that script. I'm reading up on sudo and notice that - user ALL=(ALL) ALL ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies
variable(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       variable(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
variable - create and initialize a namespace variable SYNOPSIS
variable ?name value...? name ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is normally used within a namespace eval command to create one or more variables within a namespace. Each variable name is initialized with value. The value for the last variable is optional. If a variable name does not exist, it is created. In this case, if value is specified, it is assigned to the newly created variable. If no value is specified, the new variable is left undefined. If the variable already exists, it is set to value if value is specified or left unchanged if no value is given. Normally, name is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces), and the variable is created in the current namespace. If name includes any namespace qualifiers, the variable is created in the specified names- pace. If the variable is not defined, it will be visible to the namespace which command, but not to the info exists command. If the variable command is executed inside a Tcl procedure, it creates local variables linked to the corresponding namespace variables (and therefore these variables are listed by info locals.) In this way the variable command resembles the global command, although the global command only links to variables in the global namespace. If any values are given, they are used to modify the values of the associated namespace variables. If a namespace variable does not exist, it is created and optionally initialized. A name argument cannot reference an element within an array. Instead, name should reference the entire array, and the initialization value should be left off. After the variable has been declared, elements within the array can be set using ordinary set or array commands. SEE ALSO
global(n), namespace(n), upvar(n) KEYWORDS
global, namespace, procedure, variable Tcl 8.0 variable(n)