Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List Process running under current user Post 302953732 by Aia on Monday 31st of August 2015 03:56:18 PM
Old 08-31-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
-f and -o both specify a format; you cannot have both. Further, -l can only work with -f
While that it is true by themselves in an UNIX standards style, the GNU ps does not raise an ERROR: Conflicting format options. when you include both, since the -f is (elevated or interpreted) to just a BSD style f. Combining both will just provide a warning of
bad syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? and output as: ASCII-art process hierarchy (forest)

Last edited by Aia; 08-31-2015 at 05:04 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a current running process ignore SIGHUP signal?

I ask this question since sometimes i run a time-consuming ftp in foreground and forget to use nohup ftp.sh & to put this work background and can still running after i log off. Assume this ftp task have run 1 hour, and still 1 hour time to end, i don't want to abort the ftp, first, i use ctrl+Z... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensxiao
3 Replies

2. Programming

to find current running process

Hi All, The scenario is like this: There is a process say "A" which create a child process say "B" if some condition is true and process "A" terminates. "B" invokes some C program say "C" using 'execl' function. The job of program "C" is to keep polling the server until the server will be up.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjkuma692
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

current running process in shell

hi what is the shell programming code to know the number of processes currently running on the machine & information about those processes. Another one is the configuration and usage of the UNIX file system? requesting all for help. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moco
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the status of the processes running for the current user?

Hi All, I am new to unix. Can anyone tell me "How to check the status of the processes running for the current user?" Regards, Ravindaran S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravind27
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current user process

When I typed in ps -a I get this: PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 31866 pts/3 00:00:00 vim And to check who is currently logged in, I type who Felix Whoals Tada Whoals Lala Whoals How can I get the user process for all current users who logged in?? I think I need to combine... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Current Process Running.

Hi all, When I issued command ps -ef|grep Vinay in a UNIX machine, I got the following Vinay 22491 1 255 Jun 18 ? 294248:53 -sh Vinay 26628 1 255 Jun 18 ? 294237:33 -sh Could you tell me what all process is running ? Please explain each of the fields. Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbhai
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running different process from current process?

I have been having some trouble trying to get some code working, so I was wondering...what system calls are required to execute a different program from an already running process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Midwest Product
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps - list where UID is numeric or name and for current user

Hi, 'ps -ef' returns output of the following format UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 17573 1 0 Sep12 tty6 00:00:00 /sbin/mingetty tty6 hpsmh 18150 14864 0 Sep12 ? 00:00:00 /opt/hp/hpsmh/sbin/hpsmhd -DSSL -f /opt/hp/hpsmh/conf/smhpd.conf root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display current directory for a running process for script

I'm trying to create a ksh script to do the following: 1) Ask the user what process they want to search for. 2) Have the script read the input as a variable and use it to search for the process. 3) Display the current time & date, the working directory of the process, and finally display the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to know all the Current running process and how to kill

All, 1.What is the unix comand used for all current running process (Including All current running processes Parent ->child->subchild process) 2.If child and subchild processes are running then what is the unix command to kill parent and its all child subchild processes in UNIX. Kindly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: skp
7 Replies
AAFIGURE(1)							  aafigure manual						       AAFIGURE(1)

NAME
aafigure - convert ASCII art to an image SYNOPSIS
aafigure [option...] [input-file] aafigure {-h | --help | --version} DESCRIPTION
aafigure is an ASCII art to image converter. ASCII art figures can be parsed and output as SVG, PNG, PDF and more. OPTIONS
The program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (--). Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. -o, --output=file Write output to file rather than to the standard output. -e, --encoding=encoding Set character encoding for input text. The default is 'UTF-8'. -w, --wide-chars=properties Specify which characters should be considered wide. properties is a comma-separated list of East Asian width[1] symbols: F East Asian Fullwidth H East Asian Halfwidth W East Asian Wide Na East Asian Narrow A East Asian Ambiguous N Neutral (Not East Asian) The default is 'F,W'. -t, --type=format Use the provided output format. By default, output format is inferred from the output file name extension. The following formats are supported: SVG, PDF, PNG and any file format supported by Python Imaging Library. -D, --debug Enable debug outputs. -T, --textual Disable horizontal fill detection. -s, --scale=scale Use the specified scale. -a, --aspect=aspect Use the specified aspect ratio. -l, --line-width=width For SVG output format, use the specified line width. --proportional Use a proportional font rather than a fixed-width font. -f, --foreground=#rrggbb Use the specified foreground color. The default is black (#000000). -x, --fill=#rrggbb Use the specified fill color. The default is the foreground color. -b, --background=#rrggbb Use the specified background color. The default is white (#ffffff). -O, --option=extra-options Pass special options to backends. (For expert users only.) -h, --help Display help and exit. --version Display version information and exit. AUTHOR
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010 Jakub Wilk NOTES
1. East Asian width http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr11/ aafigure 0.5 04/23/2012 AAFIGURE(1)