Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Mac w/non-free debian skoleLinux 8.1 SSD directly into new PC? Post 302953714 by jao0014 on Monday 31st of August 2015 01:15:08 PM
Old 08-31-2015
Debian

I already got everything booted and loaded on the mac. 43,003 packages. the SSD boots an runs great with both amd64 (x86_64) and the i386 (x86) images but I have recently switched to the i386 OS because I believe it's proper to run the (x86) (both are intel i7's) my question however is can i just swap the current SSD I have built and running with the stock lenovo HDD that comes with it that has 7 Proffesional preloaded? Or do I have to create a bootable USB being that the lenovo comes without an optical drive?? I have the grub common and the grub pc loaded currently.

Last edited by jao0014; 09-01-2015 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Add Info

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Free download for Mac os?

Does Any body knows where can I get free download for mac OS. Any version is OK.:o (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sackNumchai
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

free memory in debian linux

hi- im running glassfish 3.1 on debian server and there are times where I need to start the domain when we cannot access the web application. I checked the memory and it's confusing me. Am i still ok? can you explain the below? USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies
DEBNEST_MAKE(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   DEBNEST_MAKE(1)

NAME
debnest_make - creates a nested debian source package tree SYNOPSIS
debnest_make <.dsc> [<suffix>] DESCRIPTION
Debnest is a program to create a nested debian source package tree from the specified debian source control file <.dsc>. The nested debian source package will be named as <its original source package>-debian by default and its upstream version will be <original debian source version> and its revision will be 1. If you want to change -debian, you can specify it to second argument. EXAMPLES
This creates debnest-debian-0.0.1/ and debnest-debian-0.0.1.orig/ ~$ debnest_make /tmp/debnest_0.0.1.dsc ~$ ls debnest-debian-0.0.1/ debnest-debian-0.0.1.orig/ ~$ cd debnest-debian-0.0.1 ~$ debuild ~$ ls .. debnest-debian-0.0.1/ debnest-debian_0.0.1-1_i386.changes debnest-debian_0.0.1-1.diff.gz debnest-debian_0.0.1.orig.tar.gz debnest-debian_0.0.1-1.dsc debnest_0.0.1-1_all.deb ~$ tar ztf ../debnest-debian_0.0.1.orig.tar.gz debnest-debian-0.0.1.orig/ debnest-debian-0.0.1.orig/debnest_0.0.1.tar.gz debnest-debian-0.0.1.orig/debnest_0.0.1.dsc This creates debnest-local-0.0.1/ and debnest-local-0.0.1.orig/ ~$ debnest_make /tmp/debnest_0.0.1.dsc -local ~$ ls debnest-local-0.0.1/ debnest-local-0.0.1.orig/ ENVIRONMENT
EMAIL, DEBEMAIL If either of these variables is set, it will be used as the maintainer/uploader's email address. If both are set, DEBEMAIL will take precedence. If neither is set, the current user's email address (or, if that fails, the email of the last original package uploader) will be used. DEBFULLNAME The maintainer/uploader's full name to be used. If unset, the name specified in the passwd file or, if there is none, the name of the last original package uploader. DEBNEST_RULES The rules file to be used. If unset, /usr/share/debneset/rules is used. If you want to use cdbs based rules, you would set it '/usr/share/debnest/rules-cdbs'. Because /usr/share/debnest/ is a default search path, you can specify just 'rules-cdbs'. EXTRA_BUILDDEP Extra build-dependency to be added in your new debian/control. Default is ", debnest" perl v5.8.8 2007-11-16 DEBNEST_MAKE(1)