Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Start Script on system reboot Post 302953695 by thinkingeye on Monday 31st of August 2015 11:22:15 AM
Old 08-31-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbe
It will depend of your operating system... Which you have said nothing...
Thanks Vbe and my apologies
Linux x86_64 GNU/Linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Intermitent System Reboot's

Hi all, Just started holidays (ya!) and Murphy's Law has kicked in already (doh!). I'm looking after (when at work) two SCO 5.0.5 Systems running on Netfinity 5500 Servers (Model # 8662-3RY). Every once and a while the production server just reboot's itself. There is no mention of a cause... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Reboot Dates

Hi, Can someone advise me how to find the last system rebooted date(s)? Thanx N Regards, Hush (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hush
2 Replies

3. Solaris

system self reboot

dear all, I have 2 T2000 with solaris 10 and oracle 10g installed on it. these two servers are rebooted by itself. could anyone help me investigate the cause. the message log is attached thanx, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

System Reboot Log

Hello Everyone , I am a new member to this forum and came to know about this from so many of my friends . I face one issue last day when suddenly the system got rebooted ( But don,t know why ) . Can someone please help me in investigating this issue as to why the system got rebooted and who... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gera_sachin125
4 Replies

5. Linux

xinetd @system reboot

Hi, Once again I came to get rescued in a situation where one of my workstations has this ierd thing that "xinetd" won't start at reboot or shutdown. I have done the follwoing but no change in results. chkconfig --list xinetd xinetd 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjitsingh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

system reboot procedure

Hi all, i want to know the procedure reboot the server through console if the system is completely down.Please help me if anybody knows this. I would really thanfull to all. regards Krishna Murthy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murthy76
1 Replies

7. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing script at system start up

Hi I had written a piece of script . Please let me know is it possible to run / execute this script at system startup ?? Thanks in advance . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Pavanv
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Disable xen machine to auto start on reboot

Hello Guys - I need to disable xen server not to start when the server is rebooted. 1) What is the parameter to be used to do this..below is the entry in my config file... on_reboot = "restart" 2) What is the default behaviors of the xen on reboot ? in case we comment this line from config... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Iso - remaster script trying to start chroot run commands then exit but host system gets messed up

The script works and creates a modified iso fine until I added the chrootbeg and chrootend functions and executed them. I'm sorry if I did something wrong this is my first post. I uploaded entire bash script for reference or in case you want to run it to debug it is called isoremast.txt. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulhoffusa
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)